The Official Prepar3D 2.0 Thread

Associate
Some news for V2.2:

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2014/03/4904/

The "recduing autogen VAS usage by 17x" thing sounds promising!

It looking very good...

I grabbed some pics with the cloud shadows.. the final ones will be better, but they already look pretty fab.

Memory usage is way better, no OOM's with this build, which LM put out by accident.

igE3.jpg

7kIdW.jpg

vjEwy.jpg

Associate
Ooo, what accidental build?

Someone at LM updated the Hotfix files with a version that featured an early version of the cloud shadows, and some other optimisations.

They have now removed these files.

The cloud shadows are nice, but its worth waiting for the full 2.2 patch, as these have hard edges, and other amomolies.

Associate
I like this. No more OOM errors for me.
One thing I've noticed is when I set unlimited frames in the latest 2.2, my GPU usage shoots up to 99% from 50% and cpu usage reduces from 100% to about 80%. It appears to run better unlimited by shifting some stuff to the Video card freeing up the CPU for Autogen etc. Weird huh. Anyone else experience the same?

Associate
Hotfix for V2.2 Flight Planner crash:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6453

I like this. No more OOM errors for me.
One thing I've noticed is when I set unlimited frames in the latest 2.2, my GPU usage shoots up to 99% from 50% and cpu usage reduces from 100% to about 80%. It appears to run better unlimited by shifting some stuff to the Video card freeing up the CPU for Autogen etc. Weird huh. Anyone else experience the same?

I've found unlimited frames has worked best for me ever since 2.0, doesnt half gobble up my gpu vram though, I still maintain that 2Gb is the bare minimum for P3D!

These new cloud shadows are a huge perf killer for me even on the lowest setting, also blurries seem quite bad out of box. This is a fresh install from the patch with only orbx global+vector installed. I've still yet to finish downloading the full 2.2 install so ill have another crack at reinstalling from that to see if it helps

Associate
Are you guys using photo scenery, I've seen people moaning about slow load times on their 'forum' (if you can call it that) and it's causing me to pause still before taking the plunge

Associate
no photo scenery yet, just orbx global + vector. Ill try horizon vol1-3 later and see how it goes.

there seems to be mixed opinion on whether affinity mask still works/has effect in 2.2 so thats another thing to try i guess.

Associate
Hotfix for V2.2 Flight Planner crash:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6453

I've found unlimited frames has worked best for me ever since 2.0, doesnt half gobble up my gpu vram though, I still maintain that 2Gb is the bare minimum for P3D!

These new cloud shadows are a huge perf killer for me even on the lowest setting, also blurries seem quite bad out of box. This is a fresh install from the patch with only orbx global+vector installed. I've still yet to finish downloading the full 2.2 install so ill have another crack at reinstalling from that to see if it helps

What are blurries? Is it when buildings just pop up?

Associate
Ah yeah. I get it thanks.
I have also figured out that you can simply copy your airports from fsx addon scenery folder to P3D addon scenery then add them to the library in P3D. Handy. So airports that I can't install in P3D I simply install them in fsx then copy the file over to P3D.

Soldato
Having an absolute nightmare with blurries and FTX England scenery on 2.2. I've never seen such bad blurries before. The initial loading area looks great, but as soon as you're into new texture loading territory the blurries are there!

Any ideas of things that I can try to remedy this?

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestion. I have it set to medium.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall, this combined with an Affinity Mask setting has cured my blurries!

Going to spend some time tonight with trying not to dip below 25FPS in city areas. My sliders are way too over to the right! London chugges at around 15FPS.

Associate
Finally taken the plunge and got P3D, suffering a bit with the old blurries but setting the simulation to run on all my cores seems to help (I believe this will be the default in 2.3)

p3d_nyc.jpg

Loving the shadows :)

Associate
That's good to hear, LM's input to the official forum has been underwhelming (IMHO) recently. For a professional product the support seems a little lacking.

Back
Top Bottom