The official PS4 Headset/Headphones Guide/Discussion

Fidelio X1's are now only £150 on amazon went down to £136 briefly.

These headphones are no joke, absolute BEASTS, RRP was $499 at launch iirc which is £300 so half price ATM.

Some people on here have paid well over £200 for these and are happy, for them it's the best headphone under £300.

It's a well rounded headphone with bass, meaning you can use it for movies/music and gaming. It's not as good as an AD700 for competitive gaming but the AD700 is crap for movies/music.

Best all rounder headphone you can buy at the moment.

I am tempted to buy and just sell 2 of my current headphones to cover the costs. Put a couple of flubit demands in, if they come in cheaper, I'll snap one up.

no wireless :(

if you want wireless just buy the official sony ones or whatever you can get for cheap.

no point spending over £100 on a wireless setup which doesn't include audiophile headphones, your just throwing money away.

I just ordered the Fidelio X1's so I'll be selling my HD 595's and HTF 600's.

Use the Fidelio X1s, wireless Mixamp & BoomPro Mic, set up works perfectly with the PS4.

A shame they discontinued it, think they've integrated their wireless mixamps into their headsets now. Had the original mixamp as well but all the wires made it so messy.

it's only available second hand but it's cheaper than a brand new MIXAMP, is wireless and has better sound quality, which is ridiculous since it's wireless, therefore ASTRo are doing something horribly wrong or are doing it on purpose to increase their profit margins.

It's also easy to get here in the UK, Slovenia not so much obviously.

If I had the choice of a brand new MIXAMP at £130 or second hand wireless 5.8 MIXAMP for £60-£80, it's pretty much a done deal, 5.8 every time.

I know you have the V Moda mic Jazz but did you buy any other cable to replace the stock for listening to music/movies? The stock cable is meant to have quality control issues and is worth replacing, doesn't matter if you only use it for gaming and have the boom pro, but worth doing if you don't want to use the boom pro whilst doing other things.

I personally not going to go for the boom pro and just spend the same on a decent cable, I already have a clip on mic, etc so no need for the boom pro although it would be tidier.

i have been trying on ebay for weeks....would you help me psycho? i have paypal no worries :)

sent you a message via trust to one which should ship to you. it should go for cheap too since it's priced in dollars, didn't want to put it in this thread in case someone else bidded against you ;)

after you get it, your better off spending the few quid on a lithium ion rechargeable battery for the receiver (the aa battery housing pops out), which is basically like a nokia phone battery.

you then don't need to buy batteries but simply charge it using an old nokia USB charger cable.

i'll link you to the right ones once you get a mixamp, should cost you less than £10 for the battery and cable, but shipping on top could make it expensive unless you source locally. cable is like a £1 item, battery is like £8.

Last edited:
thanks but already explained not getting it from US because of our custom tax 22% + shipping fee, it doesn't add up :)

Just an update, got a turtle beach chat cable and hooked my a40's and mixamp to my ps4, game chat works fine with it and I can also hear others talking through my headset along with game audio.

Lol, it's not a user here, it's an online store selling headsets/ accessories. :D

If you can id wait, they are bound to announce a new mixamp/sound system at E3.

Useful stuff

Sorry, I only just got round to reading your reply. Cheers for the suggestions - I'm going to do some digging and see which of those options suits best budget wise. I don't have a mixamp btw - but am looking into that too now :) Ta.

I'm no audiophile, I'm not fussed on spending hundreds of pounds on the best headphones for ultimate sound quality or bodging together a setup. IMO, any headphones are better than no headphones.

I've had the Turtle Beach PX3's for quite a while and they do a very good job. Wireless, work on PS3, 360, PS4 and PC, very handy. Battery lasts for 10+hours too. You can buy them for less than £50 new.

The PS4 setup is exactly the same as the 360 setup e.g. cable from controller to headset, so still wireless.

Have had my Mixamp for years, bought it directly off Astro Gaming years ago!

I know you have the V Moda mic Jazz but did you buy any other cable to replace the stock for listening to music/movies? The stock cable is meant to have quality control issues and is worth replacing, doesn't matter if you only use it for gaming and have the boom pro, but worth doing if you don't want to use the boom pro whilst doing other things.

I personally not going to go for the boom pro and just spend the same on a decent cable, I already have a clip on mic, etc so no need for the boom pro although it would be tidier.

http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

That is the cable I bought for movies/music, seems to have decent reviews on the head-fi forums and looks pretty decent as well. Bought it with my BoomPro mic directly from them. If I'm honest 95% of the time I only use it for gaming with my PS4 but the wife occasionally listens to music with it so she uses the other cable.

I could never get the positioning right with clip on mics and all the extra wires drove me mad! Really like the Boom Pro Mic, a really neat and tidy solution and so easy to position the mic exactly where I want. Don't need the splitter for my mixamp, just plugs straight in. Good thing with the PS4 is using the USB chat cable so don't even need to plug into the gamepad. Volume is a bit low when in a party but adjusting the dials sorts that out, dunno if the 1.7 firmware has sorted that out though.

Back
Top Bottom