• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Ray Tracing Thread - Read the First Post before posting***

bvl7P60.jpeg

BTW I suspect this will be like avatar since same engine i.e. you won't be able to turn off RT, the max settings will use hardware and lower settings will be software.

Last edited:
What's the results look like?

It works as well as it does in Black Myth, that is to say quite well. i've got some more programming to do building a menu system for it, just a basic useable one for now, i'll pretty it up later.

This seems to be going off topic somewhat doesn't it?

IDK maybe, to me its all related and what i'm doing is about RT.

Last edited:
Looks good for my 4090, shall run with dlss on

Feel sorry for anything not called a 4090 though

Last edited:
Metro EE comparison was a real eye opener, 30 minutes to do one frame/scene with one light source compared to the instant click of RT method.....

You don't always need to be very accurate in a certain way with lighting, so probably you can get away easier with a modern engine in raster. The lack of interest from devs hits harder imho :D

Interesting recent testing on a 7900xtx vs 3090 RT by bang4buck.

Also, looks like this is another confirming what a few have been saying and also fits with DO testing on amd vs nvidia vram, nvidia/3090 system is using considerably less vram than amd/7900xtx.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Other cutting edge stuff, I noticed this comparing the PS5 vs PC trailer.

I think the PC version is using Ray Reconstruction since the footage shown by Konami has no Lumen RT noise issues like the PS5 gameplay trailer does:

So this means Arc/RDNA cards will also have this noisy RT which is typical of UE5's Lumen RT. Only Ray Reconstruction solves that.

So the PC version will be the definitive way to experience the remake, and only on RTX cards, it's not even an Nvidia sponsored game so nobody can say "EWWWWWW NVISIA BIAS!" or whatever :p

Last edited:
Other cutting edge stuff, I noticed this comparing the PS5 vs PC trailer.

I think the PC version is using Ray Reconstruction since the footage shown by Konami has no Lumen RT noise issues like the PS5 gameplay trailer does:

So this means Arc/RDNA cards will also have this noisy RT which is typical of UE5's Lumen RT. Only Ray Reconstruction solves that.

So the PC version will be the definitive way to experience the remake, and only on RTX cards, it's not even an Nvidia sponsored game so nobody can say "EWWWWWW NVISIA BIAS!" or whatever :p
Yeah I also noticed the bad shimmering in places - around his head for one. Like a bad bad Bluuuur me home!
This is the game im most excited about. One of the best games ever made. Seems to be perfected remake from Bloober Team! fro

Damn I see from your vid, even the pc version have that awful - blur smearing ..Wtf is this :(

Last edited:
Software Lumen RT vs full hardware RT

Look how much 3D depth is created by doing full RT on the stonework, software RT can't even get close to matching it!

The difference in the water is even bigger, full RT looks like a massive improvement

Last edited:
Yeah I also noticed the bad shimmering in places - around his head for one. Like a bad bad Bluuuur me home!
This is the game im most excited about. One of the best games ever made. Seems to be perfected remake from Bloober Team! fro

Damn I see from your vid, even the pc version have that awful - blur smearing ..Wtf is this :(

YouTube compression no doubt doesn't help and chromatic aberration is also on for both and motion blur!

Back
Top Bottom