****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
pPANKQ7.jpg
Rules broken here... Small chainring on Aeroad as I leave it in small ring in the garage, Pinky is stretched as I just took a pic of the chain :p Don't want to get told off. New pink and black chain going on the aeroad with my oval chain rings tomorrow, or maybe tonight if I get home in good time.

Associate
190mm??????

I like the look of the Reactor, maybe 120mm stem will be enough?

Surely you can’t buy stems that long? Do you mean 90mm?

My bad, typo meant a 150mm. My mate has 150mm 3T Apto he was using on an old bike but not currently using. I tried it on the reacto and yeah not going to work. So just slamming it instead, the reacto position is actually pretty fast not slammed anyway.

Soldato
What mudguards are those @Roady?

Sorry I missed this before mate, they're Specialized 'Plug n Play' V2 (which are anything but!). Although technically they're for certain Specialized frames with hidden mount points, they do come with eyelets/kit so you could fit them to standard mudguard mounting points on anything. Coverage is superb, they're so firm and well made they're virtually noiseless (takes a curb drop or very large pot hole to get a jangle out of them), but they are quite heavy at just over 0.5kg. Cost me around £35 from Sigma.

Soldato
Finally finished building my Bowman last night so took it out for a 68mi test ride today. It's quite scary riding something you've built and trusting it not to fall apart on a fast descent.:eek:

It's about 2kg heavier than my carbon bikes and I can definitely feel it but it still rides well. I just need to fit some full guards and it's ready for winter training and commuting.

cj7nzva.jpg

Soldato
Looks lovely mate. Only thing is I'm not a fan of how Campag seems to have just copied Shimano with the 4 arm cranks and long arm front mechs.

I won't be building up as nice a winter bike as that, that's for sure.

Soldato
@sHo0sH took a nice photo straight after the Urban Hill Climb...

Cuba-9.jpg

Man of Honour
So, after totalling my Boardman Red Bike (no idea of the model, but it had an alu frame and Sora gear) I have treated myself to something much less practical...

2iru6ut.jpg

It is a Merida Warp (4?) That is about 5 years old: Shimano 105 all round and some silly carbon tubs. Not bad for a commuter...

The man Dan at Greenwheels Cycles in Peterborough was very helpful and set it all up for me, too (Not quite a bike fit, but close). Look forward to getting soaked in this over the coming months. And fitting mudguards. :D

Soldato
Took my bike in to clean it today and ended up swapping over to the winter frame.

Cheap and white but it'll do the job of keeping me dryish. Size for size with the felt to about 3mm on bar height.

Back
Top Bottom