****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
Dawes Linear 1990ish
wpdbtVRl.jpg
Lucky enough to inherit this with all original parts. Unfortunately, the original levers were the most uncomfortable things ever so that prompted me to do a 10 speed conversion. Dura Ace shifters and a 105 rear mech replaced the originals. A 12-30 cassette makes the original 52/42 chain set more usable!

A really nice bike to ride, just haven't quite dialled the fit in yet.

Associate
Cervelo-IMG_3171.jpg

My Steed, need to get back on it after a crazy Christmas/wedding/honeymoon!

+1 stone! :o

Associate
Indeed, speedplay stainless pedals, Campag Record shifters and brakes, Chorus mechs, need a shorter stem tho, fit slightly off.

Nice set of deep section wheels is the next upgrade!

Associate
[Picture]
Rose Xeon CRS-3000 2013
Full Ultegra 6800 11 speed
Mavic Cosmic Wheels
Ritchie/Fizik finishing kit.
Has SPD-SLs now as well.
Very light, goes like stink.

tedmaul, would you recommend the Rose bike? I ask as looking at the Pro SL-3000 for a daily road commuter, plus some weekend leisure riding.

Associate
OP
Down tube shifters are only really an issue for racing. If you are covering long distances then I can't see them being an issue.

In fact, friction shifters allow you to use the whole cassette from either ring without rubbing the front mech cage, something that indexed shifting has only solved with the advent of Di2 / EPS.

Also, steel is real.

Soldato
It's nothing fancy but here's my bike:

In0TRgl.jpg

Looking forward to getting some tasty wheel upgrades this summer. Also need to take the mudguards off and get that steerer chopped down!

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought myself a Genesis Equilibrium. Ride quality is fantastic - comfortable yet responsive. Slightly in love with the modern/retro look :)

TkOXjf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom