**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Surfer said:
2 ppl in this thread said they are playing it (1 of them said they were playing it later today)
Well those people are dirty pirates.

Surfer said:
The other folks all talk about how their "m8" is playing it LOL

yeah right..... :p
You need evidence before making a criminal accusation. :)

Surfer said:
still at least we get to hear if its any good as i dont think theres a legal SP demo out for this yet.
Exactly. My mate downloaded it and now I know it's a game I probably won't want to buy, so I will leave it alone entirely until there's a few reviews out and most importantly a patch.

Personally, I am glad I am in the know as I was going to pre-order it. Would have been wasted money.

He's an honest pirate so he's deleting it because he doesn't like it, and would buy it if he did.

regulus said:
Even I'm considering SLI capabilites and options atm :(
Nah an 8800GTS is enough to play this game almost maxed and smoothly, but actual maxed brings it to a grinding halt at around 30-50fps. Mainly because of grass density + lighting.

z0mbi3 said:
Discussion about breaking copyrights is banned. If you don't want to know what the game is like don't come in here. Most people are being quite mature about this, if you don't want to contribute then don't post. It's practically trolling.

Hold on no need to go all ultra defensive wow! I like finding out if the game is good albeit i would prefer through legal means instead of through "m8s" of ppl.

Being mature about playing a cracked copy of the game? LOL are you kidding me on? Anyway i'm not having a go at ppl on here or accusing people... its just sad the attitude at piracy present by yourself and others here.

Strange that i would get flamed for arguing against piracy ehh...

Surfer said:
Hold on no need to go all ultra defensive wow! I like finding out if the game is good albeit i would prefer through legal means instead of through "m8s" of ppl.

Being mature about playing a cracked copy of the game? LOL are you kidding me on? Anyway i'm not having a go at ppl on here or accusing people... its just sad the attitude at piracy present by yourself and others here.

Strange that i would get flamed for arguing against piracy ehh...
Nobody is arguing for piracy either, piracy is bad. There's nothing wrong with trying before you buy though if you have or intend to buy it IMO, and deleting it if you don't.

Just like my mate.

Nobody is talking about how to get it or how to crack it either.

Ulfhedjinn said:
Nobody is arguing for piracy either, piracy is bad. There's nothing wrong with trying before you buy though if you have or intend to buy it IMO, and deleting it if you don't.

Just like my mate.

Nobody is talking about how to get it or how to crack it either.

yep fair enough im in favour of trying before you BUY ok :D

Surfer said:
yep fair enough im in favour of trying before you BUY ok :D
Can anyones dirty pirate mates confirm if this game gets better when you progress a bit?

It's all completely awful so far in the rookie stalker camp at the beginning. Pistol and shotgun are awful and there's so many anomalies it's hard to move anywhere but on the road, not heard anything about the semi-auto guns yet other than that they run out of ammo too quickly.

What about missions, do they get better? Mostly "fetch this" and "kill that" missions so far.

Ulfhedjinn said:
There's nothing wrong with trying before you buy though if you have or intend to buy it IMO, and deleting it if you don't.

Completly agree, there are hundreds of games i only played 1 hour and never launched after, saves a lot of money to try 1st...

i said i wasnt going to upgrade until crytek/crysis

now people having trouble running this with nice specced machines,

my 3500/1gig/x800 sounds like its really going to strugle.

snowdog said:
Completly agree, there are hundreds of games i only played 1 hour and never launched after, saves a lot of money to try 1st...
Same, Dark Messiah being the one that hurt most lately for me. :(

Bought it on Steam so I can't even sell it on, what a crock. :(

Not going to buy Stalker, and not going to play it unless someone reassures me it gets a lot better.

Some guy on Rage3d said that even his e6600 and 8800GTX started to sweat when running the game. We know the textures (which is a RAM killer) aren't all that, so something else must be dragging the FPS down. Draw distance? Grass density (as someone here said)?

regulus said:
Some guy on Rage3d said that even his e6600 and 8800GTX started to sweat when running the game. We know the textures (which is a RAM killer) aren't all that, so something else must be dragging the FPS down. Draw distance? Grass density (as someone here said)?
Grass density definitely does if full dynamic lighting is on. Medium dynamic lighting / object lighting works fine on 8800GTS with full grass density when using 4x antialiasing (second to last on the slider for Nvidia.)

Ulfhedjinn said:
Grass density definitely does if full dynamic lighting is on. Medium dynamic lighting / object lighting works fine on 8800GTS with full grass density when using 4x antialiasing (second to last on the slider for Nvidia.)

I believe you but find it had to believe in general. The game doesn't look all that amazing and still my brand spanking new 8800GTS that makes a mockery of any of any other game out there, possibly cannot run a game that's 3 years late on full settings.

Down1oader said:
doesnt look amazing so far, what kind of fps do you have spooky and can you give us some screenies with all settings maxed?

Visually it doesnt look impressive, hearing the AI is bad is another downer. Lets hope the gameplay is all that and they release some patches after its released.

1600x1200 completely maxed out with every option set to full and all options enabled ( using the maximum preset still leaves thengs disabled or just short of max)

screenshots 12-22 http://www.spookywillow.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

not very nice running it like that on my pc, took 5 mins to shut the game down fully and able to use windows again. once out i got a virtual memory message and it being too low and thats with a 3gb pagefile.

gcard need 512 and atleast 2gb system memory to run nicely.

oh and its a bit buggy, some guy just wandered through a wall and killed me :(

Last edited:
spookywillow said:
1600x1200 completely maxed out with every option set to full and all options enabled ( using the maximum preset still leaves thengs disabled or just short of max)

screenshots 12-22 http://www.spookywillow.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

not very nice running it like that on my pc, took 5 mins to shut the game down fully and able to use windows again. once out i got a virtual memory message and it being too low and thats with a 3gb pagefile.

gcard need 512 and atleast 2gb system memory to run nicely.

oh and its a bit buggy, some guy just wandered through a wall and killed me :(

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll barely scrape by on max settings

Back
Top Bottom