**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

drunkenmaster said:
*Snip*QUOTE]

First off heap of crap that was tbh.

Steam is useless and a perfect example of a companies paranoid delusions and lack of trust. Steam sucks, what of those who buy Half Life 2 but have no internet huh? its a single player game but you can't even play single player without the internet. That is something we do not want. Oh and fyi don't think Steam stops piracy, you need to dig a little deeper, underground deep to discover that Steam isn't a preventation at all.

z0mbi3 said:
I don't want this thread to get side tracked on potential piracy issues when there's really no need for it to be. If your not happy with the state of the thread then fine, just don't drag it OT.

yeah sorry bout that. I'm actually looking forward to Stalker....i dont mind crappy graphics as long as it has bags of atmosphere. For example Oblivion has great graphics but seems somewhat generic and lacking in style or something.

just downloaded it.....graphics are crap.....and all this talking to ppl and getting your rep up is not my thing.....also too many buttons need 2 be mapped but i guess that once you get into the game you wont need half of them.....i heard the ai are supposed to be brilliant tho.

black86 said:
just downloaded it.....graphics are crap.....and all this talking to ppl and getting your rep up is not my thing.....also too many buttons need 2 be mapped but i guess that once you get into the game you wont need half of them.....i heard the ai are supposed to be brilliant tho.

YO! No piracy discussion dude. At least be more discreet!

Macabre said:
drunkenmaster said:
*Snip*QUOTE]

First off heap of crap that was tbh.

Steam is useless and a perfect example of a companies paranoid delusions and lack of trust. Steam sucks, what of those who buy Half Life 2 but have no internet huh? its a single player game but you can't even play single player without the internet. That is something we do not want. Oh and fyi don't think Steam stops piracy, you need to dig a little deeper, underground deep to discover that Steam isn't a preventation at all.

firstly, lol, i really could not name a single person i know with a computer without a semi decent connection IF not a really good connection. also, how much data do you think there would be to send, not much, you could still release on dvd with encrypted data and send the key to unencrypt.

as for steam, it wasn't easy at all to play CS:S, ok, honestly its officially a separate product, but 99% of games its very difficult to play online without a real serial key and 99% of games multi is linked to single player. yes you can get around steam, but it was a pain, and yes you can play on stupid servers, but if you want a real hosting company with decent speeds and they are reliable and are accountable, then you play on a proper server with a proper copy. i didn't say anywhere, at all, that it would completely foil piracy, but it would be a step. a lot of people get games off the net for simplicity and because when its right there, and you've been waiting 5 years, and the game comes out in japan/us (or here for people living elsewhere) , then its tempting to not have to wait an extra two weeks, or a month or whatever. games should be released worldwide at the same time, that would help some too.

If they took the idea of customer buys a copy, a key is generated for them, you think people don't have e-mail, couldn't phone in and get some activation key to sort it out. the anti piracy stuff they have is a joke, securecom was cracked when it came out, why would game makers still use it, makes entirely no sense

Well I've pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to this, I trust Eurogamer as they aren't usually soft on games so an 8/10 from them is very good.

Also it's nice to see a virus being sent out with some of the STALKER torrents whcih actually could be attributed to some of these performance issues of so called 'official' copies - officially pirated more like. :rolleyes:

Tried&Tested said:
I can't believe what's been gotten away with in this thread..where are the mods?

Unreal. :rolleyes:
I don't see anyone talking about where to pirate it or how to crack it, only about the game itself.

Your backseat moderating is unreal.

Neil79 said:
Edleake stop talking rubbish , the performance issues are pretty much in every single *cough* release....
Yup, because the game is a hog considering how poor it looks.

Nothing to do with viruses, or they wouldn't be up long would they. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ulfhedjinn said:
I don't see anyone talking about where to pirate it or how to crack it, only about the game itself.

Wow, you lot are smart going under the radar like that. :cool: :cool:

The game hasn't been released. People are talking about playing it. Doesn't really take much to deduce what is meant, does it?

Hector said:
it could have deterioration code though.. in the game that is.
If it does then I feel sorry for anyone buying it as it's the retail version.

Tried&Tested said:
Wow, you lot are smart going under the radar like that. :cool: :cool:

The game hasn't been released. People are talking about playing it. Doesn't really take much to deduce what is meant, does it?
Read the rules. They say you can't talk about where to get warez and cracks.

Nobody has mentioned where to get warez or cracks. Leave the moderating to the moderators.

Ulfhedjinn said:
If it does then I feel sorry for anyone buying it as it's the retail version.
you mean it came from a retail version.. i suspect the exe has been hacked so not to require a dvd, perhaps a dll or two as well.

if so, it's not a clean retail anymore..

Ulfhedjinn said:
Read the rules. They say you can't talk about where to get warez and cracks.

Nobody has mentioned where to get warez or cracks. Leave the moderating to the moderators.

I'm quite aware of the rules, thank you. "Providing or asking for information regarding "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright is forbidden."

It's quite clear what they mean. The word 'regarding' pretty much covers everything people have been posting on the last 4 or 5 pages. But hey, if the mods dont care then neither do i..just seems odd that in the past they've been so insistant on providing evidence of owning a game if you're managing to play/report/post screenshot of it a week before it is released.

People can be as 'smart' as you like about it, it's quite obvious to everyone what they mean.

Last post on the subject before it derails even more. :)

Indeed stop wasting bandwith on anti piracy talks, none of the posts broke the forums rules, leave the moderating to the real moderators and dons of ocuk, instead of of trying to play cop, want to be a cop go to the police station and get a job there, or make your own forums, instead of going onto others forums...

Please people return the discussion to the game stalker.

Last edited:
snowdog said:
Indeed stop wasting bandwith on anti piracy talks, none of the posts broke the forums rules, leave the moderating to the real moderators and dons of ocuk, instead of of trying to play cop, want to be a cop go to the police station and get a job there, or make your own forums, instead of going onto others forums...

:D :confused: yeah ok i'll do that. Thanks for the tip, G.

Just trying to save some people potential grief is all. I'll keep schtum.

Back
Top Bottom