**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

THQ today announced that S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has shipped to retail, for the suggested price of $39.99. In 2006 a new series of explosions takes place in Chernobyl, so a military exclusion zone is set up preventing access to the area.

:)

i lowered the gamma adjusted contrast and now it looks so much better, I didn't even notice the night time is acutally dark before. gives the game a lot more atmosphere now

default gamma/contrast are screwed imo.

Has anyone managed to run HDR + AA with this game on the latest series of GeForce cards yet? I can do it in Oblivion by forcing it in the profile, but that method doesn't seem to work for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

A[L]C said:
Do I have much chance of running this?

A64 3000+ @ 2.25ghz
2gig ram
X800GTO2 unlocked to 16 pipes (default speed tho)
It'll run, and well too. Just don't expect high settings.

Macabre said:
Again to save me looking back how are some of you playing this? did you download it or something?
I would read back on the thread, this is a can of worms you don't want to re-open.

man this waiting is killing me, im dying to play this game

quite a few of you peeps seem to have it already :(

mine will hopefully come thursday...but im working 7-5 thursday friday saturday and sunday :( :( :(

Roll on sunday night!

Undesirable said:
Has anyone managed to run HDR + AA with this game on the latest series of GeForce cards yet? I can do it in Oblivion by forcing it in the profile, but that method doesn't seem to work for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

aa's on in game in it?

regulus said:
Maybe I'm just thick, but the UI, PDA and map icons still confuse me. It's not very intuitive. Sometimes when I accept a quest, it's says "Quest failed" within minutes. Wtf? I take it all the quests are on timers?

Grammar. I know I'm lazy with grammar and spelling, but some of the text speech in Stalker just take the ****. It's THAT bad. Was clearly written by non English natives.

Other than that, not all bad. Definetly not genre defining.

Bring on Stalker 2 now!

I know what you're saying with the whole 'Quest Failed' thing. The 'Save Mole' quest was a waste of time - I just let him get gunned down then steal all his stuff - Mission complete :D

TheDean said:
I know what you're saying with the whole 'Quest Failed' thing. The 'Save Mole' quest was a waste of time - I just let him get gunned down then steal all his stuff - Mission complete :D

I actually saved him but the game didn't register that I completed the quest and therefore he is still back at his starting area. Waste of time really. I'm not bothering now with most side quests. I just hunt for articfacts, make money and kill whatever moves.

regulus said:
I actually saved him but the game didn't register that I completed the quest and therefore he is still back at his starting area. Waste of time really. I'm not bothering now with most side quests. I just hunt for articfacts, make money and kill whatever moves.

The thing is i think you need info off Mole to progress to the next 'major' quest.....I got it from his dead body. Now I have to get those documents and take them to the bloke in the bar - That is going to be rock hard!

TheDean said:
The thing is i think you need info off Mole to progress to the next 'major' quest.....I got it from his dead body. Now I have to get those documents and take them to the bloke in the bar - That is going to be rock hard!
Could regulus not just shoot the guy and take his info?

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom