**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Caporegime
OP
Rumours saying the next Exynos will be faster then the SD 875 (sounds like OCs on both sets of cores to me). Forgive my disbelief and even if it is faster, better battery performance? Pah.

Associate
I had the Huawei Mate Xs foldable for review purposes and although it was an awesome phone I would be to scared to take it to work lol (of course I did because it was a review unit)
At just under 2 grand a pop its a butt clenching time in the dust and outdoor elements, of course that's going to be different in an office job and it would be great.

For me the Note series just tick all the boxes and with the added S pen it has been my daily phone since the Note 2 where I first encountered them.

I'm not sure what I would get next time around if the Note line were phased out, typical that Samsung have upped their game also now with promising news of the Exynos 2100 Chipset, I just hope we see it in the Note 21 Ultra ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I had the Huawei Mate Xs foldable for review purposes and although it was an awesome phone I would be to scared to take it to work lol (of course I did because it was a review unit)
At just under 2 grand a pop its a butt clenching time in the dust and outdoor elements, of course that's going to be different in an office job and it would be great.

For me the Note series just tick all the boxes and with the added S pen it has been my daily phone since the Note 2 where I first encountered them.

I'm not sure what I would get next time around if the Note line were phased out, typical that Samsung have upped their game also now with promising news of the Exynos 2100 Chipset, I just hope we see it in the Note 21 Uktra ;)
I love the note 20 ultra, but the battery life is atrocious. I will however, still get one as I rely a lot on the spen!

Associate
I love the note 20 ultra, but the battery life is atrocious. I will however, still get one as I rely a lot on the spen!

I had that issue with the S20+ amazing phone and camera was impressing but bad battery and overheating led to me selling.

My Note 20Ultra is the SnapDragon variant and battery is amazing (7-8 hours of screen time). If I wouldn’t have witnessed the difference between Exynos and SD variant I wouldn’t have believed it.

only issue with the Note 20 I have is camera quality is quite bad at people shots, everyone looks really pasty and beautified even with settings off. Apparently the Exynos version is meant to have the better camera... cannot win with this.

Also have the iPhone 11 Pro Max which takes better pictures in nearly all situations. As I have small kids I want to make sure I capture decent shots.

I’m hoping Samsung optimise the camera more as it is capable of good shots , it’s their awful software

Associate
From experience of having them both, the shutter is quicker on the SD device. So i don't know what he's talking about.
The Exynos is without doubt the interior device in just about every department. I've had both. Sold the Exynos.

Associate
Yeah I think it's pretty obvious that the SD version is faster in most departments but come on, give us Exynos users at least one win :)
Samsung is currently selling the Note 20 Ultra for £929, we should have paid this at launch for the Exynos 990!

Soldato
I know this thread is about the Note 20 but my contract is about to end and I'd love to go back to a Note. Question is, I also want something reasonably priced with a completely flat screen, had enough of curved screens tbh. How good is the note 10 lite??

Associate
I know this thread is about the Note 20 but my contract is about to end and I'd love to go back to a Note. Question is, I also want something reasonably priced with a completely flat screen, had enough of curved screens tbh. How good is the note 10 lite??
Not had any experience with the Note 10 lite but looking on the Samsung website it looks pretty good.
They offer monthly pay and trade in also.

Soldato
The report also mentions that the Galaxy S series and the Galaxy Note series will be merged in the future. However, Samsung will reportedly release one Galaxy Note series smartphone in the second half of 2021 before discontinuing the series. The South Korean tech giant is expected to shift its focus from the Galaxy Note series to foldable smartphones.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/rumor-galaxy-s21-s-pen-support-one-galaxy-note-21/

Soldato
One UI 3.0

• January 2021
    • Galaxy S10
    • Galaxy S10+
    • Galaxy Note10
    • Galaxy Note10+
    • Galaxy S10 Lite
    • Galaxy Z Flip
    • Galaxy Z Fold 2
    • Galaxy Note20
    • Galaxy Note20 Ultra

Associate
Still don't understand why the UK didn't get the beta for the Note 20 ultra, does this mean Samsung are confident that it works flawlessly without even testing it here!

On another note, looks like qualcom surprised everyone with their new snapdragon 888, it looks more than a match for the Exynos 2100.

Back
Top Bottom