**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
Here's the dark patch i posted about few day's ago, check your Note 20 Ultra more so after you've updated to One UI 3.

https://ibb.co/98byzyj
a>

Associate
Still not had any issues after the update, battery life seems better, one thing that is missing that I've read about is the option to have a dark head to cover up the selfie camera, it used to be an option under display settings/ full screen apps but has been removed with the update.
Not a fan of this myself but some people may miss it.

Associate
What screen protector are people using?

Looking at Whitestone dome glass..

I don't get why people get so excited about the Whitestone protectors. Look on Amazon for a protector that gets good reviews and buy three for £5.99 - no magic lamp needed!

Even with curved screens I've never had a problem applying them - but it really is a case of making sure the screen is completely clean and taking your time. This might sound obvious, but the amount of people I know with protectors where it looks like they were installed on the beach is incredible!

I've used Ibywind before and they'd be my go to protector everytime. You even get a little non slip mat to stop the phone sliding around. A great kit.

Soldato
Any noticed battery stats are borked , mine are I didnt notice till I read the news below fix worked for me

All Galaxy devices that have been updated to the final version of Android 11 and One UI 3.0 have a strange bug: They don’t show battery statistics ever since the clock struck 12 and we rang in the new year. In plain words, you won’t see any battery stats in the Settings » Device care section on your phone for January 1 and later, but if you change the date back to December 31 or earlier, it all goes right back to normal.

`https://www.sammobile.com/news/one-ui-3-0-battery-stats-2021-bug-on-galaxy-phones-fix

Last edited:
Soldato
Any noticed battery stats are borked , mine are I didnt notice till I read the news below fix worked for me

All Galaxy devices that have been updated to the final version of Android 11 and One UI 3.0 have a strange bug: They don’t show battery statistics ever since the clock struck 12 and we rang in the new year. In plain words, you won’t see any battery stats in the Settings » Device care section on your phone for January 1 and later, but if you change the date back to December 31 or earlier, it all goes right back to normal.

`https://www.sammobile.com/news/one-ui-3-0-battery-stats-2021-bug-on-galaxy-phones-fix

Thanks, I'd noticed after I updated the other day.
Just done the suggested fix.

Associate
So with the new update there is the option to go into developer options and turn on the 'show refresh rate' so that you can see what refresh rate the screen is at during various scenarios. I turned this on and noticed that it is showing 120hz constantly and is not dropping when high refresh is not needed. This screen is supposed to adapt.

Can you guys try this and see if your refresh rate drops below 120hz when the screen is doing nothing.

I stumbled upon this while watching a recent Jimmy is Promo video explaining how to use 120hz adaptive in power saving mode, his screen showed 120hz when he was scrolling then back down to 60hz when he wasn't.

Great video by the way.

Edit:
Ok I think I found a workaround, for me at least, I found that turning off 'dark mode' and then changing the screen to adaptive, it seemed to work as it should, then enable dark mode again.

Last edited:
Soldato
So with the new update there is the option to go into developer options and turn on the 'show refresh rate' so that you can see what refresh rate the screen is at during various scenarios. I turned this on and noticed that it is showing 120hz constantly and is not dropping when high refresh is not needed. This screen is supposed to adapt.

Can you guys try this and see if your refresh rate drops below 120hz when the screen is doing nothing.

I stumbled upon this while watching a recent Jimmy is Promo video explaining how to use 120hz adaptive in power saving mode, his screen showed 120hz when he was scrolling then back down to 60hz when he wasn't.

Great video by the way.

Edit:
Ok I think I found a workaround, for me at least, I found that turning off 'dark mode' and then changing the screen to adaptive, it seemed to work as it should, then enable dark mode again.

I yeah I tried that and had the same i had been using the app on XDA to see my refresh rate and alter it .I don't use adaptive and have it at about 75-80 % brightness

Associate
Looks like the Note 21 may get the AMD GPU, either that or the Fold 3.
If the spec is anywhere near the S21 ultra then the Note 21 could actually be the first phone in ages that I keep for longer than 12 months!

Back
Top Bottom