**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Soldato
Anyone know good aftermarket cables for charging? The stock cable isn't quite long enough to reach my charging pod comfortably from the bedside socket, and I've heard there are a lot of dubious cables on the market. From what I hear, the Anker Powerline is one of the best on the market for keeping the full charge functionality of the stock cable intact. Can anyone here confirm?

Soldato
Ah, okay.

Also additionally, seems my always on display just decided to stop working randomly today. Didn't do anything, all the settings are on correctly, and even tried a hard reset and it's still not working. Is this a common software problem atm or something?

Edit: Scratch that, I'm retarded. Just noticed the time and the default timer setting I hadn't seen before...

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really not liking my note at the moment, for supposedly one of the top phones out there, I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm going to try and change the launcher, see if that helps, what launcher would anyone recommend as a replacement for touchwiz?

Soldato
Had mine for a few weeks now. Tried living with the stock laucher, tried the Google launcher and the Pixel launcher but in the end came back to Nova launcher.

I've used it on all my android devices for years now. I use a single home screen with weather forecast, calendar and dock. People and Apps edge panels.

Bixby button remapped to torch and Google Assistant.

Soldato
Also switch to Gboard or some other keyboard. I find the Samsung keyboard makes to many errors when using swipe\glide typing, even when using the stylus.

Back
Top Bottom