• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
There is a road map of EE's 5g rollout for 2019. 6 cities are getting it in June and several more major cities by end of year. So even on EE I wouldn't expect wide scale rollout until well into 2020. I haven't seen any definitive plan for O2 or Vodafone.
I just changed to the 6T and the thought of 5g was simmering in the back of my mind but when you think about it rationally there is no need to take 5g into consideration for your next upgrade if that upgrade will be in the next 6-12 months, IMO.
Plus there's the extra cost for both the tariffs and the handsets. I haven't once been using my phone and wished the 4g was quicker, it's plenty fast as it is.

Last edited:
Soldato
2km? All I see is mention of 500m -

There are trade-offs, however, because the signal penetration and range at 28GHz or higher gets shorter and more subject to line-of-sight and foliage concerns. (See 60GHz: A Frequency to Watch for more.)

For instance, Samsung Corp. said recently that it tested its 28Ghz infrastructure with Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) for its home-brewed fixed 5G service at ranges of up 1,500 feet (500 meters). If those ranges hold true beyond the customer trials -- note if -- that would mean a 5G radio deployed every couple of blocks in Manhattan

Soldato
Yeah, basically what I think happened is it fell out of my pocket as I got out of a cab and was then swiped by a passerby. I noticed it was missing 5 mins after but obviously didn't know how long it'd been gone for, it continued to ring for 10-20 mins, I then managed to get to a computer to see it at the spot where the cab dropped us and then before I could get out to look for it it started going straight to voicemail and that's the last of it.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, basically what I think happened is it fell out of my pocket as I got out of a cab and was then swiped by a passerby. I noticed it was missing 5 mins after but obviously didn't know how long it'd been gone for, it continued to ring for 10-20 mins, I then managed to get to a computer to see it at the spot where the cab dropped us and then before I could get out to look for it it started going straight to voicemail and that's the last of it.

Did you send a wipe command for if/when it gets turned back on just incase

Soldato
Yeah. Annoyingly I think I probably did it too soon though (basically as soon as I'd gone back out and it was gone/not ringing) as it limited opportunities to find it or be contacted (email is on the lock screen). Still, the SIM was still in and nobody was picking up over 24 hours later. SIM is now blocked so it's a goner, unless some good Samaritan goes to the effort of finding the owner, possibly based on something on the external SD card that could link it to me.

Soldato
Been having issues with my Note 9 as of lately:

- I am getting notifications that apps have been forced to close due to errors even though the apps are not running in the background
- Battery drain has been really bad lately and no easily identifiable culprit either. I'm losing about 5-10% per hour when it's idle.
- Certain apps like Instagram and Reddit will randomly lock up and I have to force close them
- Old notifications that I have cleared randomly appear again after some time
- I do not get all notifications instantly, I usually get a bunch of notifications spam me once I unlock the phone after a while

All of these are beginning to frustrate me quite a bit, hoping Android Pie is going to resolve most of these problems as they all appear to be software related.

Soldato
OP
Been having issues with my Note 9 as of lately:

- I am getting notifications that apps have been forced to close due to errors even though the apps are not running in the background
- Battery drain has been really bad lately and no easily identifiable culprit either. I'm losing about 5-10% per hour when it's idle.
- Certain apps like Instagram and Reddit will randomly lock up and I have to force close them
- Old notifications that I have cleared randomly appear again after some time
- I do not get all notifications instantly, I usually get a bunch of notifications spam me once I unlock the phone after a while

All of these are beginning to frustrate me quite a bit, hoping Android Pie is going to resolve most of these problems as they all appear to be software related.

- I do not get all notifications instantly, I usually get a bunch of notifications spam me once I unlock the phone after a while <-- I have had that 1 recently too

Back
Top Bottom