• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Currently own a Samsung S7 Edge and am considering an upgrade. I had been waiting on the Google Pixel 3 XL, predominantly for the camera. Im now considering the Note 9, from the comments on here it looks like a great phone but ive not seen much mentioned on the camera, any thoughts?

Associate
Currently own a Samsung S7 Edge and am considering an upgrade. I had been waiting on the Google Pixel 3 XL, predominantly for the camera. Im now considering the Note 9, from the comments on here it looks like a great phone but ive not seen much mentioned on the camera, any thoughts?

Photos on the Note 9 are good. The Pixel is better/sharper in terms of fine detail and Night sight works wonders. Video recording on the Pixel 3 however isn't anything special and the audio is decidedly mediocre. I don't think the Pixel 3 XL is worth the price at all and I'm coming from the Pixel 2 XL. Ended up paying £480 ish for it brand new in February, I wouldn't pay more than £550 for a Pixel 3 XL. Too many issues with it.

Associate
Thanks all good to know. How useful are people finding the stylus? Realise i missed the black friday deal over at samsung yesterday but hadnt considered it until now, Im with giffgaff so sim free, is the samsung upgrade plan worth looking at? whats happens if you damage you phone in the 12 months (i never have broken a phone, just curious. Presume you have to pay to get it fixed)

Associate
Thanks all good to know. How useful are people finding the stylus? Realise i missed the black friday deal over at samsung yesterday but hadnt considered it until now, Im with giffgaff so sim free, is the samsung upgrade plan worth looking at? whats happens if you damage you phone in the 12 months (i never have broken a phone, just curious. Presume you have to pay to get it fixed)
No sure if you can use the upgrade programme just now, I think it just runs at promotional times.

Associate
Looks to be running at the moment from theit website. Just waiting to see their 12 days of Christmas deals i think before pulling the trigger

Associate
taken the plunge on a Blue one on their Upgrade programme. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Any case recommendations? I like the idea of the Samsung Clear View Stand cover but have never had a cover that flips over the screen. Can't decide if I think it will get annoying? I've always used Spigen cases but they don't seem to do the blue/yellow one in the UK.

Soldato
OP
Wife dropped my Note 9 last night on to laminate floor from waist height Spen shot out and hit wall 3 metre's away :eek::eek: .. No damage far as I can tell only to her purse if it had been broken

taken the plunge on a Blue one on their Upgrade programme. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Any case recommendations? I like the idea of the Samsung Clear View Stand cover but have never had a cover that flips over the screen. Can't decide if I think it will get annoying? I've always used Spigen cases but they don't seem to do the blue/yellow one in the UK.

Depends what type of protection you want

I use LED case and Samsung kickstand case I swap them depending on what I'm doing .. LED general use kickstand if I'm going to use the camera a lot

Associate
Thanks, have gone with a Spigen rugged armour for now, arrives today. Looked at both those options but couldnt work out how much bulk they add. Will bear them in mind though

Had an email last night from Samsung saying that my phone is arriving today too which is a nice surprise. Looks like Samsungs One UI is arriving in January for the note 9 too!

Associate
Wow, what a phone! super impressed with it having come from an S7 edge i was a little concerned it would be a bit 'samey' Still not done much in terms of organisation of screens, just simply transferred my S7 data over.

Any must haves?

Associate
Wow, what a phone! super impressed with it having come from an S7 edge i was a little concerned it would be a bit 'samey' Still not done much in terms of organisation of screens, just simply transferred my S7 data over.

Any must haves?

Adhell3 if you want native adblocking system wide with no impact on battery life

Associate
I have this

Glad you got it sorted, blue one looks good, I also went with the Samsung case with kickstand, its had a few drops but no damage up to now. Thinking of getting a clear view standing cover at some point too.
I use this case

Has a great feel and great protection and the kick stand is very handy.

£26 on Amazon right now
Fits the phone nicely and takes a drop or
two, also looks great..

Anyone got any news on the one UI software that Samsung are beta testing on unlocked phones?
Looks like USA unlocked have it through Samsung + app and other parts of the world through Samsung Members app.

Associate
The spigen rugged case is very nice. would recommend it (sadly no blue). It has a very nice tactile feel on the back.

I've read One UI isn't available in the UK on the Samsung beta programme. The official release is January though so not long to wait.

Last edited:
Associate
Do any of you regret buying the Note 9 ?

What I mean by that is it's a fair financial outlay on a phone that won't be compatible with 5g which rolls out next year, I understand the ones that bought the Note 9 through the Samsung upgrade programme as you can easily change to the Note 10 when it comes out next year which will be 5g compatible.

It just seems a lot of money for a phone that won't be compatible with the new 5g platform.

Soldato

What I mean by that is it's a fair financial outlay on a phone that won't be compatible with 5g which rolls out next year, I understand the ones that bought the Note 9 through the Samsung upgrade programme as you can easily change to the Note 10 when it comes out next year which will be 5g compatible.

It just seems a lot of money for a phone that won't be compatible with the new 5g platform.

There will always be new tech around the corner though, plus 5G is going to be very expensive imo.

Happy to stick with 4G for another 2-3 years, I get 120-140mb speeds with EE on average so I can't really knock it at the moment.

Associate
Hope this is ok to mention. If anyone's keen and has access to Samsung employee portal through work, then there's a decent price there at the moment.

Soldato
OP

If 5G rollout is anything like the 4G rollout we will be on the Note 12 before its widespread enough to see a difference

Back
Top Bottom