*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Associate
Talking to myself (again :D)

I've found something called an aircast:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F4U0...YQZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339849436&sr=8-1

Plugs in to the aux socket in the car and connects to the phone over bluetooth, lets you take calls as well as streams music from the device.If a call comes in it can pause the music and resume after. Uses A2DP for the music and I assume AVRC to skip tracks/pause etc (the phone supports both standards), so i guess it should work.

Alternatively they also do this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F8Z4...HUSE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1339849200&sr=8-5

Which is basically a bluetooth receiver. There must be rival products, not found them yet.

At the risk of boring everyone I received the aircast today and it works fine with the phone, pairs up really easy and almost all functions work (take call, play/pause music, skip track). The only one I didn't get working is activating voice dialling- the aircast says it will activate voice dialling but the S3 didn't respond. I did wonder if it would enable S-Voice but it appears not - mind you I do have double tap on the home button disabled.
Audio quality is fine both on call and music.

Cheap way to use an aux in socket and get bluetooth calling.

Caporegime
Has anyone got a gelaskin for the back of theirs yet? Hearing it scratches very easy and I don't really fancy a case that makes it any bigger in my pocket, want to know if the gelaskin fits well on the curved shape.

Caporegime
I'm a bit sceptical with the mightydeals coupon route, seems a bit iffy if you read up on it at HDUK. Anyway looks good so I managed to get a ebay seller to accept an offer at the same £14.5 as mightydeals.

Hmmm hadnt seen that info. You got an Ebay number for the item you bought and I think I'll follow suit please?

smr

smr

Soldato
Finally got my Zenis dock for myself and my Dad this morning...

It's all good and everything - nice to sync and charge so easily and with the back of the phone up off the desk but my only concern is the actual plug bit on the dock - it feels like there's a bit of resistance compared to the usb cable charger and also I've noticed that there's two sticking out "prong" kind of bits - both on the usb cable and the dock connector bit and having looked at my phone in the socket there looks like two little grey marks where those prongs have sort of rubbed against it - I' dont know if they were there before or if its just been caused by pushing down on the dock... anyone else got similar?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Can you take a picture of the printed Zenis logo and one of the port with prongs? Checked both S3 and S2 and no such prong marks on either and I can't tell what prongs you mean on the dock either!

I am wondering if there are different variations of "Zenis" dock much like the genuine/non-genuine Rock cases. Someone mentioned a while back that their Zenis dock had a lighter Zenis logo printed on the front compared to the ones pictured in my photos so I am curious.

Edit*
Do you mean these prongs?

20120619_100948_HDR.jpg

Those are both on the official Samsung USB cable and an official Blackberry USB mains charger.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Finally got my Zenis dock for myself and my Dad this morning...

It's all good and everything - nice to sync and charge so easily and with the back of the phone up off the desk but my only concern is the actual plug bit on the dock - it feels like there's a bit of resistance compared to the usb cable charger and also I've noticed that there's two sticking out "prong" kind of bits - both on the usb cable and the dock connector bit and having looked at my phone in the socket there looks like two little grey marks where those prongs have sort of rubbed against it - I' dont know if they were there before or if its just been caused by pushing down on the dock... anyone else got similar?

My comments on the usb phone connector:

I’ve stopped using the zenis dock as the micro usb male connector on it is such a tight fit. The phone has to be put on/pulled off with some considerable force and that may damage it. It’s much more force than I’ve had to use before on a dock before. I’m certainly not going to lose any sleep over it as it only cost around seven pounds.

It took to hands to remove the phone from the dock. They definitely have some quality issues. I'm using another dock now.

smr

smr

Soldato
My comments on the usb phone connector:

It took to hands to remove the phone from the dock. They definitely have some quality issues. I'm using another dock now.

Which dock is that? Feels like a bit of a kick in the nuts this does when i've waited nigh on two weeks and I've also got to tell my Dad who is expecting it from me that it's not worth it. Waste of time and money!

Soldato
My Zenis docks arrived this morning. I can confirm that that are a little tight on the connector, but nothing more than any other new dock I've had in the past. After time the latches will loosen up.
Edit: In case someone asks, I have to hold the dock down to remove the phone, but 1 finger is sufficient.

Brodit holder arrived too and as suspected there is no room for having the Rock on at the same time. I'll need to carefully ease out the channel a mm each side with my dremel.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

smr

smr

Soldato

smr

smr

Soldato
If you look on the Zenis connector the two metal bits that stick out - facing the back of the dock, are bigger than the ones sticking out on the usb cable, hence your plastic is likely to get engraved.

edit -just taken the back case off and luckily it's not the plastic getting dented or engraved or anything... but the zenis had left two grey marks which I've just rubbed off and it's looking fine now. It definitely isn't the greatest fit, I think my biggest concern is that I'll try and plonk the phone down on it and miss the connector bit which might scratch the bottom of my phone...

Last edited:
Soldato
I think my biggest concern is that I'll try and plonk the phone down on it and miss the connector bit which might scratch the bottom of my phone...

Plenty of drop in docks a similar style to the Zenis suffer from this issue. I had 2 for my Desire and it ended up looking scuffed around the port.

The back part of the S3 is fine as it's the back case and can be replaced, but the front part around the port is the edge trim.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Same thing^^, can be just rolled up and put in the dash I guess when not in use, The one thing I dislike about my custom mount and the Nokia and basically all other mounts is storage space. My glovebox is filled with other bits so I have to use the driver's side glovebox but that's packed with phone cables/chargers and whatnot so something like this may well be ideal!

Back
Top Bottom