*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Caporegime
This is the one I bought guys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180899032715&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I have to admit the reception maybe slightly worse. At work where I get just about 1 bar on three in a very specific location on my desk I am no longer getting that 1 bar... Can't comment on areas I have a good signal yet.

The metal is slightly raised where the camera is, the same as the stock back cover :)

I like the fact there is less bulk on the metal cover but the signal issue is definitely letting it down!

You bought a metal cover for a smartphone and didn't consider the signal might be affected?

Caporegime
Is the screen protector edge to edge with the hole for the home button and hear speaker?

I have tried few but they aren't edge to edge...

Yup, as damn close as i've ever seen, and I could have likely alligned it better had I had a little more patience too.

Here is a photo with flash (which makes it look 100x worse than it really is in terms of marking) that clearly shows the outlines https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...i1SBE/s640/SGS%20III%20screen%20protector.JPG

Not bad at all.

Associate

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
:D

I'm not so sure about those eBay covers, too much bulk/bling!

What I really want to see is a translucent casing on a phone one day.

Associate
I see you've beat me to it on posting pics of the metal battery covers. This is mine in the S-line gel case..

04c71af8.jpg

I got mine from the last ebay link above. I just made a call with the original battery cover then again with the silver and it didn't make a difference to the signal.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can see how much difference it makes precisely by going to Settings > About > Status and noting down the before/after results of the cell reception.

Anything peaking over about -85dBm is a weaker signal. Close to -100dBm and you start to notice choppy data connectivity even if you're in a good HSDPA area.

Basically the lower the value the better.

Associate
Hi Guys,

I came across this thread googling for accessories, what a wealth of information there is here.

Does anyone know if the Kidigi dock that charges the additional battery is available anywhere in the UK yet?

As for cases, I tried a few and didn't like any until I came across the official samsung polycarb rear clip-on case.

Soldato
You can see how much difference it makes precisely by going to Settings > About > Status and noting down the before/after results of the cell reception.

Anything peaking over about -85dBm is a weaker signal. Close to -100dBm and you start to notice choppy data connectivity even if you're in a good HSDPA area.

Meh, mine sits at -105 regularly in the house and I get data no probs albeit I switch to WiFi butmy HSDPA is still fine if I switch to it.

Soldato
You bought a metal cover for a smartphone and didn't consider the signal might be affected?

Yes mate, only a part of the back is metal and I assumed the aerial was on the edge. Oh well.

The back isn't lacquered on the version I have.

That looks quite good Piecan, but I think I may just go back to the stock/rock case as I have become used to the feel. I have the nilikan due soon too so expect pics of that aswell :)

Edit: Perhaps the signal difference is actually really minor, I just about recieved one bar when I was referring to my connection at work!

Last edited:
Associate

Thanks for that. With and without the silver battery back cover the readings were the same varying from 105 to 95.

You put a case on a case?

Case-ception :eek:

LOL it's only a battery back cover, but I guess you don't really need a case too, I'm just a belt and braces type of gal. The gel case provides a lip around the front of the phone to protect the screen (I have a screen protector on too of course). I'm going to get a pouch for it for when it's in my handbag...with a cat picture on it!

Soldato
Got my Nillkin case today, phone feels so much better in the hand now. Wasn't a fan of how thin it was, nearly dropped it so many times.

Back
Top Bottom