*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Caporegime
I had toyed with the idea of getting a pouch recently since I no longer use a case for my S (missed the ceramic back far too much and the minimal/sleek design as well :p), but as said too much faff is required and I think that you're more likely to drop the phone taking it out of the pouch and putting it back in :p

Plus you also don't see the NLED either.

Soldato
Is anyone else having signal issues with the SGS3? I'm sitting in a spot at home that has notoriously bad quality signal which the iPhone 4S can cling onto but the S3 is just saying 'emergency calls only' and has done for the last 20 minutes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also, whilst typing into this text box On the phone, it keeps on cutting off what I'm typing off the edge of the screen. I am using Chrome. Does anyone know whats wrong and why its doing this? Its proving to be very annoying because I can't see what I'm typing and whether its guessed what I was trying to type correxgly!

Many thanks

M.

Soldato
Is anyone else having signal issues with the SGS3? I'm sitting in a spot at home that has notoriously bad quality signal which the iPhone 4S can cling onto but the S3 is just saying 'emergency calls only' and has done for the last 20 minutes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also, whilst typing into this text box On the phone, it keeps on cutting off what I'm typing off the edge of the screen. I am using Chrome. Does anyone know whats wrong and why its doing this? Its proving to be very annoying because I can't see what I'm typing and whether its guessed what I was trying to type correxgly!

Many thanks

M.

Are you with Vodafone with a voda branded phone?

Associate
Due one of these soon as stock arrives:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/power-bank-case-for-samsung-galaxy-s3-p35711.htm

Figure I can test it out as a leave in the car glovebox instant power pack. I notice it adds quite a bit of thickness though but should provide ample power in those situations where you need some juice but don't want to open the back cover up and swap a battery etc.

Looks interesting, shame about the price though.. At that i'd probably be more tempted to get a spare battery.

On a side note, what earphones are people using? These are apparently reasonable for the price:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/a-jays-one-earphones-p32359.htm

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Oh I'm not paying for them so no issue there. Getting them in for review.

As for earphones, I did pay for those. Phonak Audéo PFE 012.

Associate
Looks interesting, shame about the price though.. At that i'd probably be more tempted to get a spare battery.

On a side note, what earphones are people using? These are apparently reasonable for the price:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/a-jays-one-earphones-p32359.htm

I have the non-mic version of these and they're very good for the price but you get what u pay for. The build quality isn't the best but the sound quality is excellent while they last :p.

Caporegime
I have a Sena for my Galaxy Nexus and at first it was pressing the power button etc but after a few days it doesn't do that any more and it's getting easier and easier to remove the phone, the case is lovely though.

Yep i seem to have this issue, i got my Sena slim fit pouch yesterday and its a friggin tight fit :( but knowing that in time the case *should* loosen up a bit. At the moment, i cant listen to my mp3s with the phone in the case as it presses the button so either my volume goes to nil or it goes up to stupidly loud due to the volume hack i have on my S3.

The case is nice but hopefully it will loosen up soon or else ill have to get in touch with Sena and see what they say because at the moment, its far too tight for my liking.

Soldato
Got my Walnutt Bumper today (in menthol). Video Review (not mine)
I reckon this is the case I'll stick with so I'll do a review:

It's made of rubber with a thin plastic shell over part of it, if you look at the pics in the link above the grey is rubber and the menthol is plastic. Fit and build quality is spot on, so much so and you don't even notice that it covers the power and volume buttons, they feel and click like there's nothing there owing to the use of much thinner rubber where they are and very small cutouts to allow proper depression.

Bare minimum of bulk (mrk's preferred term) added and really looks at one with the phone, much more so than hard shells that look incomplete and full coverage cases that are obviously covering it up. Only the port cutouts break that impression, they could have been slightly smaller but I suppose they need to accommodate larger jacks and cables sometimes; actually I've just plugged in the massive jack of my HD25's and it only just fits so nitpick withdrawn!

The case offers just about the right amount of bump protection and isolation from surfaces for me, only I would have liked more of a lip on the front. The S3 has a curved screen so when there's a small lip on a case the centre is barely raised from surfaces if you place the phone face down.

It's also easier to hold and operate than the bare phone, and compared to cases that cover the full back there's a lip for your fingers to find comfortable purchase which makes the phone easier to hold and operate. However, it isn't grippy and the plastic used is the smooth and shiny variety, it's better than the bare phone and TPU cases but a Rock or Nillkin type texture on the plastic would have made this perfect.

Looks nice to boot (pics). Although I imagine many people won't find the colour choices to their taste.

I should mention that I have great insurance with Orange Care so I'm just after minimal protection for peace of mind during minor drops and tossing my phone down; as well as comfort. If I wasn't insured, I'd not own an expensive phone but were that somehow the situation I'd probably have a case with a moat and murder holes. Buy insurance, seriously. Bulky cases and screen protectors are horrid. Let alone pouches, unless you're a forever alone sort and wear a watch.

160840942386 was the listing I purchased from, arrived in 9 days. There are some more sellers now (HK ones) but I'd recommend the Korean seller as it's cheaper and will probably get to you faster.

Soldato
Hi

Just ordered my S3 :) , my first Android phone.. So looking to get a mount for my road bike that can hold the phone.

Can you recommend ?

Something along the lines of this

http://www.holdersandmounts.co.uk/s...mount-handlebar-mount-by-herbert-richter.html

Thanks
Bike, don't know if it's secure enough, but maybe the Brodit 511258 and a Brodit or Herbert Richter bike mount. Not cheap mind.

Saw this one as well when I was looking for my bike.

http://www.buybits.com/Product/14523/Galaxy-S3-S-3-I9300-Siii-Bike-Bicycle-Mount-sku-14523.aspx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom