*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Soldato
Can someone suggest me a screen protector that isn't rubbish? I've tried E-cell ones and some generic ones from ebay but both lift at the edges!

Soldato
I should get these tomorrow: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Prot...YG18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343319648&sr=8-1

I'll let you know if they're any good! The reviews on them look promising :).

I can tell you now they are great protectors. Ditch the small card that is meant to be used to squeeze out the bubble and just get a credit/debit card instead.

They feel a little tacky to begin with but give them a good wipe with a cloth and they become silky smooth after a day or so :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Power Bank arrived today, currently charging :p

powerbank_attached.jpg

I plugged it into the phone first off out the box and the phone didn't really see it as a power source, now I don't know if it simply tags onto the internal battery giving extra juice without notifying you that it's an external power or whether it's supposed to act like a "charger" in that the phone sees it as if the power is plugged in.

Hoping it's not a DOA hah!

Feels like a nice piece of kit though, nice quality although it does add some bulk although still perfectly pocketable.

Full review to come.

Soldato
I can tell you now they are great protectors. Ditch the small card that is meant to be used to squeeze out the bubble and just get a credit/debit card instead.

They feel a little tacky to begin with but give them a good wipe with a cloth and they become silky smooth after a day or so :)

Ordered thanks

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Apparently the bank only kicks in when the phone battery is critically low which would explain why I thought it was DOA. Testing over the weekend fully :p

Soldato

I've just put mine on the phone a moment ago. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. The only draw back is the 2-3mm gap around the phone. I'm expecting a Rock case sometime next week so I don't think that will be much of an issue once It's fitted. I have to say it was the easiest screen I've ever fit. Seems very strong too.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
ROCK case.

There is a thread on another forum, hundreds of pages long where people have posted hundreds of cases and accessories. Will post link when I am home!

Caporegime
If you want minimal bulk with great grip and a nice texture/look and don't mind the top/bottom being exposed then the rock quicksand case or the nillkin case (don't think it is as grippy as the rock case though), however, if you want protection for the top and bottom as well, with minimal bulk (and also looks great and feels nice), then the diztronic matte TPU case, can't beat any of those cases :)

Can get them on ebay.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just put mine on the phone a moment ago. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. The only draw back is the 2-3mm gap around the phone. I'm expecting a Rock case sometime next week so I don't think that will be much of an issue once It's fitted. I have to say it was the easiest screen I've ever fit. Seems very strong too.

Most of them have that gap due to the curved edges of the phone as, if it went up to the edge, then it can start to peel easily.

Soldato
Does anyone know of a decent dual charger? Just ordered one of the Anker batteries, and now want a dock so I can charge my phone and battery together.

Soldato
If you want a flip style case, that also protects the phone, the Zenus ones look decent and are meant to be very good quality: Link

XDA S3 accessories forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1565

Thank you mate, what are you using??

If you want minimal bulk with great grip and a nice texture/look and don't mind the top/bottom being exposed then the rock quicksand case or the nillkin case (don't think it is as grippy as the rock case though), however, if you want protection for the top and bottom as well, with minimal bulk (and also looks great and feels nice), then the diztronic matte TPU case, can't beat any of those cases :)

Can get them on ebay.

Thank you kindly sir shall look at them now :)

Back
Top Bottom