***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Yep that's it. It looks more complicated than it is, but you basically open odin, plug phone in select correct tat and press go.

Then you choose your ROM and flash that!

Ps standard disclaimer I'm not responsible for anything you do that may cause your device to cease functioning as intended.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just flash CF-Root and you'll have root and CWM.

i thought i need carrier specific fw, i was under the impression cf root has a standalone fw and wouldnt be possible to root and o2 locked phone ?? hence me having to download o2 firmware root that, then install cwr via odin

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone noticed that if you hold the phone sideways naturally when recording video that the left mic (your side) is actually the right channel and right mc the left?

This means you need to rotate the phone 180 degrees to record audio from the correct direction!

Thankfully the onscreen buttons rotate with the phone too so all is not lost but it feels unnatural having the soft buttons on the left!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
CF-Root doesn't modify your carrier specific stuff on your phone really, it's a workaround to get root installed so you can then flash a ROM. I've rooted a branded S3 this way without problem.

S3 rooting is less destructive than the S2 at this stage in its life, for example since the kernel remains stock.

Unless things have changed over the last 6 months!

Soldato
thanks mrk
now whats confusing me now is, in the guide it referencing CF-Root-SGS3-vX.X.tar but the only file available for me to download via the guide is CF-Root for SGS3 v6.4:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That is the only version to root with :p

Hasn't changed in many months! I suppose it doesn't need to change though because the CF-Root method doesn't contain a kernel since it's not flashing a new kernel so is not strictly limited to certain GSM S3 running certain ICS versions.

Soldato
LOL by bad

CF-Root-SGS3-vX.X.tar forgot to remove x.x is the version, i was looking for a file with x.x lol ----------------------runs away

so CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar will root and install CWR on my O2 branded phone,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom