***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Associate
I have discovered a fault with the S3 - would be interested if anyone else has experienced it.

If I leave the wifi on when (just) out of range of my home network, the screen sometimes fails to respond to touch when trying to enter my unlock pin. I have to either wait it out for a few minutes for the touch controls to start responding or pull the battery. This never happens with wifi on and connected with good signal, or with wifi off.

Soldato
thanks guys

on the samMobile site ive located the right firmware but it has a big ! next to it saying OTA applied to stock firmware, flash at own risk

what does this mean exactly

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9300&pcode=O2U&os=1&type=1#firmware

also the binary counter is get to one, so that had to be rest before i can install any stock fw, and from what ive read there is a brick possibility if it goes wrong....

Last edited:
Soldato
Apologies for the noob question believe it or not after a few Android devices I am going to attempt my first ever rooting and installation of Wanamlite.

I'm going to follow the guide that has been referenced many times in this thread which should be fine.

The question I want to ask is once I install Wanamlite do I install JB domination over that along with the toggles mod?

How does it work...I want that nice blue stock theme that mrk and others are running along with the Touchwiz features such as smartstay etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Associate
thanks guys

on the samMobile site ive located the right firmware but it has a big ! next to it saying OTA applied to stock firmware, flash at own risk

what does this mean exactly

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9300&pcode=O2U&os=1&type=1#firmware

also the binary counter is get to one, so that had to be rest before i can install any stock fw, and from what ive read there is a brick possibility if it goes wrong....

You don't have to reset the counter to install a stock rom.

Apologies for the noob question believe it or not after a few Android devices I am going to attempt my first ever rooting and installation of Wanamlite.

I'm going to follow the guide that has been referenced many times in this thread which should be fine.

The question I want to ask is once I install Wanamlite do I install JB domination over that along with the toggles mod?

How does it work...I want that nice blue stock theme that mrk and others are running along with the Touchwiz features such as smartstay etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Install root and wanamlite via whichever guide your going to follow.
Once your running wanamlite reboot into recovery and flash JB domination + toggles mod from there.

Associate
I presume it means that its a stock ROM that's had an ota update applied to it and then uploaded. Should be fine.

If your worried download I9300XXBLFB and apply the ota update yourself.

Soldato
I presume it means that its a stock ROM that's had an ota update applied to it and then uploaded. Should be fine.

If your worried download I9300XXBLFB and apply the ota update yourself.

lets hope so, christ i was shaking when i was resetting the counter :D

Associate
After you've flashed the stock ROM when you restart the phone it may get stuck on the samsung boot up screen. Power up into recovery and wipe data and reboot, should fix it. Took me ages to find that out :rolleyes::p

Associate
Agreed, but if Samsung would have known it was on its way, if they elected to delay updates to base it on this rather than 4.1.1 ?

This wont change too much, so all the work they already did would be valid and it wouldn't need a huge amount of re-testing either.

Soldato
lets hope so, christ i was shaking when i was resetting the counter :D

You don't need to reset the counter on the phone at all unless sending it back to Samsung for repair but even then people have not reset it and Samsung have been fine.

Mine is sitting on 5 or something just now and all I have done is flash stock FW updates over Kies and re-rooted them.

4.1.2 - I am hoping that Samsung have been using the PDK that Android release to OEM's as this will mean the update should be quicker than normal as the OEM's are meant to get the source code a couple of months or so in advance to help reduce fragmentation.

Associate
Has anybody had any charging issues with it ? its been great so far but the last couple of days i seem to have been having trouble charging it.. i admit its getting charged off allsorts.. apple plugs with the usb plugged in... blackberry chargers... it seemed to cope with them all but now its not charging as well. I thought maybe the connector had got full of fluff but i cleaned that out and it still doesn't seem happy...

Back
Top Bottom