***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
I've decided to keep my i9305 - The more I use it the less I want to go back to the SII.

JB is awesomely smooth and the phone is very fast. 2GB and LTE are the icing on the cake.

Soldato
I've decided to keep my i9305 - The more I use it the less I want to go back to the SII.

JB is awesomely smooth and the phone is very fast. 2GB and LTE are the icing on the cake.

That's done it for me...I want the LTE version!

Has anyone used Mobi-city.co.uk before? They state that they will have the S3 LTE version to ship within 5-7 days.

I'm interested!

Associate
Is there a mod to get the address bar in iexplorer at the bottom of the screen as I find it a pain and a stretch with it being at the top on the S3.

Soldato
@kona786 I bit the bullet Mate and ordered the LTE version via T Mobile. I'm with them any way so I don't have to worry about unlocking the phone.

Can you tell me baseband number and build number of your S3 LTE Mate? Thanks

The Note was way to big for me so that's going back. Once I get the Titanium S3 I'll probably sell the 3G S3 on just to make the money back.

Soldato
@kona786 I bit the bullet Mate and ordered the LTE version via T Mobile. I'm with them any way so I don't have to worry about unlocking the phone.

Can you tell me baseband number and build number of your S3 LTE Mate? Thanks

The Note was way to big for me so that's going back. Once I get the Titanium S3 I'll probably sell the 3G S3 on just to make the money back.

Here you go:

Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-48-47_zpsabe3dc72.png

Note 2 was a tad big for me too and the Pen features are wasted on me.

Soldato
@kona786 Thanks for the prompt reply Mate, much appreciated.

Like you the Note 2 is a tad too big for me I haven't got massive hands so the phone just was a bit to uncomfortable for me. A great phone though but the S3 with 2Gb RAM is too good to pass up!

Soldato
I see. So how can you tell and what did you find?

You can tell via the baseband number but there isn't much information in regards to the LTE version here in the UK or Europe.

There's different firmeware available in Hong Kong and Australia but ideally it would be beneficial to flash the European Stock ROM to receive updates quicker via Samsung.

I'm still doing some digging via XDA but haven't come up with anything as yet because the S3 LTE is very new!

Soldato
Hey,

Does it definitely have 2GB RAM - how can you find this out from the OS?

Cheers,

Su

Yes here it is:

Screenshot_2012-10-08-18-16-37Custom_zpsfee360f9.png
Screenshot_2012-10-08-18-16-49Custom_zpse7234701.png

You can tell via the baseband number but there isn't much information in regards to the LTE version here in the UK or Europe.

There's different firmeware available in Hong Kong and Australia but ideally it would be beneficial to flash the European Stock ROM to receive updates quicker via Samsung.

I'm still doing some digging via XDA but haven't come up with anything as yet because the S3 LTE is very new!

Thanks. Keep us updated :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Don't think so. You can just download the OTA update from sammobile and flash using Odon. It will install over your current one keeping everything except root.

Back
Top Bottom