***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
I updated to Wanam 4.0 yesterday. This obviously updated my modem to NEDLI1 as well. I cannot be certain as I never noticed before flashing but I can detect a "hissing" sound in the background of calls. You can't hear it when people are talking but if there is no sound on the line, I hear hissing. I restored my ICS Nandroid to test but the hissing was still there.

Has anyone else noticed any faint hissing in the background when no one is speaking on the line?
Would restoring the ICS Nandroid restore the modem as well or would that remain as NEDLI1? (I have put JB back on and forgot to check).

Soldato
Really doesnt make sense how the networks are releasing the update yet the unlocked ones have no idea of a release date, Was the total opposite with Sony(Ericsson), networks were always the last to get it - In any case ICS is pretty smooth for me and im not really interested in rooting this one.

Soldato
I know its only been a couple of hours since I asked but I am itching to upgrade!! My google Fu is failing me

EDIT: I mean of the zip file.

Every file has a unique 'code' (as such). You can verify the file is complete/as it is supposed to be by comparing the checksum of the original file against the copy you have.

Simplified:
Person A creates Zip File X, It Generates a checksum of ABCD.

Person B downloads Zip File X, Runs a checksum tool to check the checksum of the file, it returns ABCD - The file is complete and identical to the one you should have.

If it returns a checksum of EFGH - the file is incomplete/corrupt/not the same.

It's important to verify the checksums match as flashing a phone with a corrupt/incomplete/invalid file can potentially brick it.

Associate
Seems O2 are having technical "difficulties" :o

Originally posted by Abs on O2 forums

Update 20/10:
As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom