***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Stock, I don't use custom kernels any more.

here's the end of day stats now:
Wanam4.0.jpg

3G during the daytime as been out etc.

Caporegime
Your wifi has been on for pretty much the entire day! (according to the history) :p

What was your screen brightness? 33% is pretty low for 4 hours 40 minutes on time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I use auto brightness.

Of course wifi was on. by now you should know that the wifi bar is always showing if wifi is enabled regardless of whether you're connected to wifi or on 3g.

Caporegime
ah!

Must work differently with touchwiz then, as with sense, a power saving feature is that wifi will disconnect (not turn off completely) at midnight and re-connect back to wifi at 7am and my bar shows the big blank gap during that time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I know :p, but I don't have a choice to disable it in sense :o :(

Also disconnects mobile data connection during that time too.... so battery would be saved.

As soon as the mobile is woke up, the wifi/mobile data connection will reconnect for 15 min.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, had a little brainwave this morning in regard to getting the Note 2 Gallery working on Wanamlite v4

The regular cwm flashable in the themes/mods section of XDA doesn't work for me so I downloaded the Criskelo Kitchen v16 here and skipped all options other than Note 2 Gallery and HyperX Camera Mod

Installed, rebooted and voila!! all working perfectly!! I'll grant you that at 400mb+ it's a ****ing big download just for a gallery mod, but hey - it works :D

I can't comment on other ROMs but I would imagine that as long as they're Samsung based ROMs, not AOSP/AOKP based then it should work fine :)

Man of Honour
Kies is the second worst software in existence (iTunes being the obvious first ;) ) but this error is usually caused by not running it as admin as the updater requires admin but doesn't always ask for it. Whoever programmed it needs to be shot. many times.

running Kies as administrator has got it working for me now, cheers mate

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
But leaving wifi on when you're not connected uses more battery, right? I think that was what Nexus was getting at? :p

Leaving it on but not connected doesn't use more battery either, especially if you have notifications off.

This will be pretty clear in the battery status screen as wifi won't be listed anywhere up top of at all!

Soldato
Ok, had a little brainwave this morning in regard to getting the Note 2 Gallery working on Wanamlite v4

The regular cwm flashable in the themes/mods section of XDA doesn't work for me so I downloaded the Criskelo Kitchen v16 here and skipped all options other than Note 2 Gallery and HyperX Camera Mod

Installed, rebooted and voila!! all working perfectly!! I'll grant you that at 400mb+ it's a ****ing big download just for a gallery mod, but hey - it works :D

I can't comment on other ROMs but I would imagine that as long as they're Samsung based ROMs, not AOSP/AOKP based then it should work fine :)

So let me get this, you can Install certain parts of the rom on top of the rom that is currently installed

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I use stock modem, LI1 taht comes with ROM LJ1.

Get siyah on there dude with a little undervolting, if for nothing else the audio mods.

How anyone can have a S3 without pleasant for ears turned on and a volume boost is beyond me!!!!!

Pleasant for ears is nice but stock is just as nice if you have high end IEMs, in some ways better at high volume too as there's no distortion as it peaks the capabilities of your earphone. :)

Soldato
So let me get this, you can Install certain parts of the rom on top of the rom that is currently installed

You're not really installing a ROM onto another ROM.

Basically the things you see in the app drawer are just APK's which are no different from stuff you get from the Play Store. The ROM itself (when you take away the needed stuff like the basic OS, network capabilities etc) is full of them.

Many a time I have opened the zip file up in WinRAR and removed or added APK's manually then, when I flash it, the bits I removed are gone ad the bits I added are there.

That's what is really good about the Android OS over things like iOS.

Edit: Just out of curiousity, is this the gallery you mean - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1876207

I was thinking of getting it as well as it lets you manage the photos easier i.e. you can add folders and move pics from the app itself.

Soldato
Can anyone check that hissing thing on calls I mentioned?

Dial a number and have a listen before the call actually starts ringing. Can anyone else hear a hissing in the background?

It doesn't appear to affect the call quality but I just don't seem to recall it being there pre-JB. I restored ICS but it was still there so not sure if it was the new modem causing it or I am just being stupid and it's been there all along :p

Back on JB now. Found my battery life slightly worse but then I realised I had activated Latitude whilst messing around with the GNow settings :o Will give it a try without it on now :)

Soldato
Can anyone check that hissing thing on calls I mentioned?

Dial a number and have a listen before the call actually starts ringing. Can anyone else hear a hissing in the background?

It doesn't appear to affect the call quality but I just don't seem to recall it being there pre-JB. I restored ICS but it was still there so not sure if it was the new modem causing it or I am just being stupid and it's been there all along :p

Back on JB now. Found my battery life slightly worse but then I realised I had activated Latitude whilst messing around with the GNow settings :o Will give it a try without it on now :)

Just tried it for you and its not happening here mate. I am on official jb from three.

Soldato
That's mildly irritating :(

Not worth worrying about though. The hiss is only noticeable at the point between where you can kinda "hear" the phone connecting to the call and the ring starting at my end.... Can't hear it otherwise.... As mentioned, its more of a background hiss and doesn't interfere with the call

Just wondering if it could be the modem/ROM or maybe just the network here as I am regularly at 1 bar and -115 signal strength.

Meh.

Soldato
Ive joined the OcUK gang and installed Wanam 4.0 with JB Domination and the toggle stuff, and latest siyah kernal. The phone is soo smooth!! Also using Nova launcher which is faster/smoother than Go.

Im so happy I just let out a little wee :)

*edit* Air Control still wont work for me :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Been using Ultimarom since version 2.3 and its a very solid effort which is highly customisable (Me likes the customisable options when installing the rom - VERY easy to install).

Just installed some MGS sound effects and version 3.0 - awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom