***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Cheers Robbie. Shame I may need to pay for it :(

Can someone who is running Wanam 4.0 with Domination 1.4 install this calendar widget and add it to their desktop and let me know if you have the coloured "tabs" beside each entry matching the colours used on your google calendar?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiZ3IucGFub3Mud2lkZ2VuZGFyIl0.

I actually have that installed and yep I see the colour on the left denoting what calendar it is if I add a widget and resize it to fit the width of my homescreen.

Soldato
S3 outsold iPhone 5 (and 4S) during October to maintain the UK's #1 spot. This is surprising considering the iPhlopp 5 was launched the previous month and most experts expected it to sell like hotcakes.

People are finally waking up.

Associate
On SamMobile it has 4.11 but it says ' OTA applied to stock firmware. Flash at your own risk.

So does this mean an OTA update has jus been applied to ICS and they have ripped the ROM?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
I've got the official Samsung JB update installed but want to try one of the custom stock JB ROMs.

I've rooted the handset and installed Clockword Mod with Recovery.
if I use the 'Backup Current ROM' option will this allow me to go back to the current official Samsumg ROM if I need to?

I assume a ROM backup does NOT backup installed apps?

Thanks
Andrew

Soldato
S3 outsold iPhone 5 (and 4S) during October to maintain the UK's #1 spot. This is surprising considering the iPhlopp 5 was launched the previous month and most experts expected it to sell like hotcakes.

Can you link to that so I can have a gander? :)

I've got the official Samsung JB update installed but want to try one of the custom stock JB ROMs.

I've rooted the handset and installed Clockword Mod with Recovery.
if I use the 'Backup Current ROM' option will this allow me to go back to the current official Samsumg ROM if I need to?

I assume a ROM backup does NOT backup installed apps?

Thanks
Andrew

Yes, if you backup as you say then it images the phone so you can go back to that point.

TBH, I'd just buy Pure Calendar linked above :)

Yeah I probably will. I have tested it and it works well... Ta :)

Associate
o2 rep on their forums is still promising it will begin rolling out today. On a lighter note, my KIES has just updated to handle new firmware - promising?

Err...no. I got the update yesterday and no joy. Then again it might be related to allow for the updates to start as the 3 rollout started yesterday.

Soldato

This is October? I think you mean September, and that is from a report that didn't include SIM free iPhones 5's; also the iP5 was only ANNOUNCED mid-September.

Soldato
Anyone that got the free quicktap wallet credit, you can use it online just like a credit card - even add it to your paypal account. I was going to use it to buy a load of stamps as W H Smith take contactless payments but this is much better, thanks for the £200 Orange!

Associate
With regards to the JB update on branded phones, I have an O2 branded S3 but using a Giffgaff sim, I've done a bit of searching around and Giffgaff (according to the GG forums) do not support OTA updates.

So my predicament is this, do I remove my sim and allow my phone to connect wireless access point and check for updates via the phone and/or kies. Or will I have to download a stock rom direct from a trustworthy source when it's eventually available for unbranded phones?

Soldato
Surely if you just connect it up to KIES once it's released it will update if it's fully branded o2 handset.

A lot of people giving o2 some grief on their forums and twitter, and they responded with this

3Bsxz.jpg.png

Seriously, looks like they'll turn it on at 23:59 just to **** people off

Last edited:
Soldato
SIM free, waiting for my update.

tumblr_mao7igVIhD1rs3j3f.gif

Soldato
I was going to use it to buy a load of stamps as W H Smith take contactless payments but this is much better, thanks for the £200 Orange!

Ha ha, really? I think £200 of stamps would last me two life times. There are much better places that take contactless... Also, isn't it Barclays that give you the £££?

I have an issue that seems to have come back... It seems now, whenever I wake my phone with the home button, it not only wakes, but it 'uses' the home button too, so I come out of whatever app I might have been in. I remember it doing this on earlier leaks, I wonder if this means the 3UK ROM is based on an earlier leak?

Associate
Ha ha, really? I think £200 of stamps would last me two life times. There are much better places that take contactless... Also, isn't it Barclays that give you the £££?

I have an issue that seems to have come back... It seems now, whenever I wake my phone with the home button, it not only wakes, but it 'uses' the home button too, so I come out of whatever app I might have been in. I remember it doing this on earlier leaks, I wonder if this means the 3UK ROM is based on an earlier leak?

I'm sure I read somewhere that it happens when you disable the 'double press home' option in samsung voice.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Is this in JB? It's a new thing in JB Samsung have put in, waking using home also calls Home. I mentioned this when the first round of JB ROMs started leaking.

Back
Top Bottom