***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
I'm having a weird problem with my SGS3, sometimes when trying to wake it, the screen is extremely dark to the point where I can barely make anything out on the screen. I have to physically press the power button to turn it off, then back on repeatedly until it decides to go back to showing a normal brightness so I can use it.

Anyone else had a similar issue?

Soldato
I want to update to this Jelly Bean business, is this right?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

Does it matter that it's for Three? I don't want any branding etc, just the latest stock firmware as if I got an OTA update. I'm on GiffGaff so it looks like this will never happen.

Will it wipe my phone? Apps/Photos etc.?

Did it anyway, was as I expected like an OTA update. Jelly Bean is nice, project butter is immediately noticeable. Is there anyway to change how I get to Google Now? How can I give it priority over S Voice etc?

Soldato
Did it anyway, was as I expected like an OTA update. Jelly Bean is nice, project butter is immediately noticeable. Is there anyway to change how I get to Google Now? How can I give it priority over S Voice etc?

If you didn't know hold down menu on the home screen to get Google Now.

Project Butter is awesome isn't it :cool:

Soldato
Hi Chris,

Did you just load the firmware on odin and follow the rest of the basic root instructions? Think I'm going to go ahead and root my S3 too, it shouldn't be a problem that my S3 is an international version is it?

Soldato
If you didn't know hold down menu on the home screen to get Google Now.

Project Butter is awesome isn't it :cool:

holding home brings up the Samsung task manager, with a now button at the bottom. Would prefer to make double tap home button go google now instead of s voice.

Will flashing the Three ROM via Odin wipe the device or will it be just like an OTA update and retain apps/settings/prefs?
yup, just like OTA.

Hi Chris,

Did you just load the firmware on odin and follow the rest of the basic root instructions? Think I'm going to go ahead and root my S3 too, it shouldn't be a problem that my S3 is an international version is it?

Just did the Odin bit, don't need root.

Soldato
What I mean is, can I install wanamlite over this 4.1.1 Official 3 firmware i've just flashed to? Or do I have to somehow delete this firmware before doing so?

Back
Top Bottom