***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Quick bit of help: My phone is not ringing at all. Got a few voicemails this morning without having a missed call. Been testing it the last 10mins and it won't ring, on the other line it just rings with nothing happening on the S3, then goes to VM.
Checked all I can think of on the phone and I can dial out just fine, done restarts etc/

Any ideas?

Ok a few hours with my SGS3 now and if i'm totally honest its a bit of a disappointment. Its a sim free one which is running JB, but im finding it lagging quite a bit..., ive disabled animations which has helped a little but still doesnt feel very slick, its a shame as I like the handset itself, especially as I have a 64gb card for it. I'm considering rooting and sticking a asop rom on, any recomendations? The only thing i'll miss is some of the camera options as its bound to be pretty basic on asop?

Have you got power saving turned on, or millions of widgets? Mine has been incredibly smooth since I flashed the stock jellybean rom. Turning on power saving is the only thing that introduces lag for me.

Ok a few hours with my SGS3 now and if i'm totally honest its a bit of a disappointment. Its a sim free one which is running JB, but im finding it lagging quite a bit..., ive disabled animations which has helped a little but still doesnt feel very slick, its a shame as I like the handset itself, especially as I have a 64gb card for it. I'm considering rooting and sticking a asop rom on, any recomendations? The only thing i'll miss is some of the camera options as its bound to be pretty basic on asop?

ive got a sim free s3, i found it lagged on the latest official JB , only JB rom ive found that doesnt lag is omega v29 xxdlj1 , its odd, even later omega builds lag for me, i just dont get it.

Is this scrolling and moving lag or opening things like contacts or messages and it taking a second or so for the list to appear?

More like scrolling lag, its not all the time mind, noticed it mostly say i come out of email etc and try and move screen

Also if I'm in any app, camera etc, pressing the home screen there is quite a long delay, but im guessing thats normal?

Last edited:
The only areas where I can find lag would be when I open the widget section of the app drawer, switching to gallery from within the camera app and occasionally when going back to the home screen if I've had a lot of tabs open in chrome, it takes a second or two to redraw. Generally though scrolling is incredibly smooth. Have you had a look at cached apps in application manager / running? I cleared out some of the apps that were cached. Strange that there were a fair few in there that I've never even so much as opened let alone used.

Back
Top Bottom