**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Ordered some more screen protectors as I need to remove this one.

Noticed a scratch about an inch long on the right (only when it catches the light) but running your nail across it there's a define scratch indent.

Hoping at the moment is just the screen protector and not all three way through to the glass. If it is it's getting returned as there's 0 chance I've done it.

Taken a photo of it as some form of evidence.

Soldato
Claim Status Validated
Your claim has been successful and we shall be dispatching your free Galaxy Buds to the delivery address you gave on your claim within the 30 days from the date your claim was validated. Please check your emails for more information.

No email as yet but Samsung website states that :)

Soldato
I know it's early days but this just feels so much smoother than my Pixel 3 did, which is just surprising. That 8GB of Ram definitely seems to be helping things along and it's all been brilliant so far. Battery life is easily lasting the day on my S10 as well without the need to reach for the charger which again is a massive plus point coming from the Pixel 3.

Soldato
Ah ok. When are they due out? I thought they were available now.
People should start receiving in the next 30 days I think as some people have now had their claims validated and it says they should arrive within 30 days from that.

Not sure why they weren't just sent out with the phone itself if everyone who preordered is eligible. I guess they make extra money (by losing less) as people will forget to claim them in time.

Soldato
People should start receiving in the next 30 days I think as some people have now had their claims validated and it says they should arrive within 30 days from that.

Not sure why they weren't just sent out with the phone itself if everyone who preordered is eligible. I guess they make extra money (by losing less) as people will forget to claim them in time.

Again, Samsung don't collect all the preorders

Soldato
Everywhere I had seen Matt did prompt you to claim via the same method regardless of who handled your preorder, all through the members app/weblink.

Yes they're all claimed the same way, Samsung didn't process all the orders. You need to have a claims mechanism so you can fulfil orders for multiple different retailers.

Plus all the stock sold by Samsung won't be sold on preorder so not all are eligible for free buds.. how do you ship it with the phone?

Soldato
Well after using the S10+ for 2 days now I think ill be sending mine back. Its not that its a bad phone or anything but I don't feel its worth the upgrade from the Note 9. I Was originally going for an S10+ but ended up getting a free Note 9 when I bought a Samsung QLED tv. I decided to still buy the S10+ anyway just to see what it was like and if it was worth the upgrade. While its very much a stunning phone considering I paid £1099 for the 512GB ceramic version I don't think its worth that kind of upgrade lol.

The ceramic version is pretty beautiful though but iv realised theres one big thing that annoys me and that's the pill hole in the screen. For example with the note 9 being all black when watching things on the phone at night it just blends into the darkness because the front side and back is all black so you don't even see the bezels. Having the pill shaped hole in the screen when watching movies at night its very noticible so I was kind of thinking to myself whats the point when the note 9 has no intrusions over the screen and it just blends into the darkness of night. While the s10+ screen is gorgeous and certainly better than the note 9 screen I feel as though I just prefere having a slightly bigger bezel compared to something intruding on the actual screen itself. It doesn't bother me when web scrolling ect but watching youtube and expanding the screen im finding it bothers me. Im sure here many would agree a note 9 to a S10+ probably isn't worth the expense.

Associate
I don't think an S9+ to S10+ is worth the expense either, but that is just my opinion. I did half consider it if only to snag some 'free' Earbuds but in the cold light of day it is far cheaper just to buy some - if the Galaxy Buds are actually the best option at that price point. Having had a quick look at the S10+ (just to annoy the Mrs :D) I'm not sure I'm keen on the pill shaped hole in the display. The Mrs asked what is wrong with a notch? She has an iPhone X :rolleyes: Other than that it looks good enough.

Associate
Coming from the S7 edge to the S10 I'd say it feels worth it.

It looks and feels different enough to me.

If I had an S8 or S9 I'd likely think differently.

Do really like it though :).

I'm glad to hear that, mine is on back order How is the battery life compared to the s7 Edge? Mine is still brilliant, 3 years on..

Associate
Coming from the S7 edge to the S10 I'd say it feels worth it.

It looks and feels different enough to me.

If I had an S8 or S9 I'd likely think differently.

Do really like it though :).

For sure it's a good phone. Felt a bit snappier than my S9+, not that it feels slow. I'd probably hazard a guess and think S11 may be a better upgrade for me. To be fair I've no reason to want to upgrade the S9 as have no issues what so ever. Looking a year on I can't imagine there will be much to want to upgrade. 5G maybe but I'm rural and not expecting that any time soon. Good 4g service is more than adequate anyway.

Soldato
Plus all the stock sold by Samsung won't be sold on preorder so not all are eligible for free buds.. how do you ship it with the phone?

To be fair if they went via Pre-Oder dates they could have for Samsung customers, the intention will always be to offer a promotional item in the hope all available are not claimed.

Soldato
Well after using the S10+ for 2 days now I think ill be sending mine back. Its not that its a bad phone or anything but I don't feel its worth the upgrade from the Note 9. I Was originally going for an S10+ but ended up getting a free Note 9 when I bought a Samsung QLED tv. I decided to still buy the S10+ anyway just to see what it was like and if it was worth the upgrade. While its very much a stunning phone considering I paid £1099 for the 512GB ceramic version I don't think its worth that kind of upgrade lol.

The ceramic version is pretty beautiful though but iv realised theres one big thing that annoys me and that's the pill hole in the screen. For example with the note 9 being all black when watching things on the phone at night it just blends into the darkness because the front side and back is all black so you don't even see the bezels. Having the pill shaped hole in the screen when watching movies at night its very noticible so I was kind of thinking to myself whats the point when the note 9 has no intrusions over the screen and it just blends into the darkness of night. While the s10+ screen is gorgeous and certainly better than the note 9 screen I feel as though I just prefere having a slightly bigger bezel compared to something intruding on the actual screen itself. It doesn't bother me when web scrolling ect but watching youtube and expanding the screen im finding it bothers me. Im sure here many would agree a note 9 to a S10+ probably isn't worth the expense.

Ive moved from a Note 9 to a S10+ and although the Note 9 was a great phone the camera was a let down for me

The S10+ has the same screen size in a small body and lighter too, this for me is worth the move alone.

I guess for those who use the S-Pen a lot, a move away from the Note would be hard, i never used the Pen at all.

I will also be keeping an eye out for the Note 10 as it could be a game changer this year

Back
Top Bottom