**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Permabanned
I'm looking to get an S10+ shortly and i'm loving the look of the LED Cover Case, I have never had a "Wallet" style case before though and i'm curious how hard it is to use the standard two hand thumb typing with the front cover potentially in the way? or does it fold all the way round comfortably on this case? as I don't want to be spending that kind of money only to have general usability affected, thank you :)

Associate
im very impressed so far with my s 10+, it feels so damn fast. And teh software feels boderline iphone polish with all the extras. Not to forget the great speakers and battery life and amazing display.

Associate
Damn. What does it miss then? Was hoping for a complete transfer.

A large majority of apps get transferred with no data ie as if it's a fresh installation. The odd app might contain existing data though.
It transfers homescreen icons, contacts, texts, wifi settings, alarms and amongst other stuff.

Associate
Smart switch is a bit of a misnomer to say the least. Thankfully all my contacts, messages etc transferred over fine. On the other hand, on my e-reader all the bookmarks were not transferred and since I usually have three or four books on the go at once, I have no idea where I left off.

Soldato
Went and had a play with the S10s yesterday and really don't think I could live with that cutout. Never really thought of myself as ocd but that off centre imperfection definitely annoyed me!

Associate
I dont think it matters i have a exynos plus and im coming from a note 8 and I also have an xs max and the s 10 plus feels the same as the iphone if not faster when you reduce animation speeds.

The swiping ui is great also and frees up a lot of extra space at the bottom of your screen.

Soldato
It baffles me that we're still talking about fractions of seconds... like the good old days of P4 vs AMD in a superpi test..

Life's too short lol. We've probably spent longer discussing it that you'll ever cumulatively get back in these fractional differences anyway.

Soldato
It baffles me that we're still talking about fractions of seconds... like the good old days of P4 vs AMD in a superpi test..

Life's too short lol. We've probably spent longer discussing it that you'll ever cumulatively get back in these fractional differences anyway.

I completely agree, it's ridiculous that people argue that X modern phone is better than Y modern phone because they're all extremely capable devices.

There are some features that I used to think were really important to me that I no longer use, or miss, since buying a different device. For example, the Beep'n'Go/Mobeam technology in Samsung devices that allowed the proximity sensor to transmit digital barcodes to barcode readers. I used to love the idea of this as I didn't like the bulk that carrying loyalty cards around but I found it rarely worked in Sainsbury stores.

Obviously I no longer have this feature on my Pixel 3 and I've never really given it a second thought. I think people learn and adapt more than they realise, e.g. people with a preference with fingerprint scanner location. I used to think it being on the back was a terrible location when I had a phone with the scanner on the front, but now it's just second nature to me with it on the back. If I went back to a front one, I'm sure I would get used to it just as quickly.

Associate
Anyone still not got their returns stuff for the phone trade in? No sign of mine yet. :(
I ordered a note 9 at the beginning of December with trade in, returned the note 9 circa 20th December as it had an issue with it, got my trade in bag for the original order in mid Jan........

Associate
I dont think it matters i have a exynos plus and im coming from a note 8 and I also have an xs max and the s 10 plus feels the same as the iphone if not faster when you reduce animation speeds.

The swiping ui is great also and frees up a lot of extra space at the bottom of your screen.

How do you like it compared to your XS Max, and will you be using the S10+ as your daily driver?

Associate
I was gonna ask the exact same question. I haven't received mine yet and Samsung states that I have to return my old phone within 7 days of receiving my new one.

Just wait for the pack and/or email. If you chase Samsung you'll waste hours of your time doing so. The say 7 days, but as long as you do return asap after getting the pack it will be fine.

Associate
Anyone seeing any BT headphone issues?
The S10+ plays back LDAC 660kbps a lot better than my oneplus 3t - a lot more stable, but the LDAC 990kbps option with the Sony 1000xm3 is shocking, just unlistenable.

Might be an issue with a setting somewhere, but am also now unable to use the outer ear pad to select the next or previous track, headphone beeps saying it's recognised the request , but S10 plus continues playing the same track.

Back
Top Bottom