**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I watched a load of reviews on the S10 at the weekend, and the one thing they consistently brought up was how poor that finger print reader was, and I must admit, that is one thing that would personally drive me mad.

The other thing I took home was that if anything, the S10e is the best of the bunch! I generally prefer larger phones, but there is something about it. No in-screen FP reader, no daft curve on the screen etc. Looks a good buy.
Same here, the S10e just seems to have that (dare I say it) X factor. The fingerprint scanner on the side I think could be the best place for it and given its capacitive it should be considerably better than any of the in display offerings.
I just pulled the trigger on one from the bay for £565 so hopefully should receive later this week. As mentioned above I'm seriously considering ditching my 6T for it...

Associate
Hello, has anyone got experience in sending back phone to Samsung , I want to try the phone maybe switch it on try the phone wof course I will try not damage download or anything else to it, I did call Samsung and ask about they return policy and what would be acceptable and it was like talking to a wall just carried on repeating 28 day return policy.

Soldato
Hello, has anyone got experience in sending back phone to Samsung , I want to try the phone maybe switch it on try the phone wof course I will try not damage download or anything else to it, I did call Samsung and ask about they return policy and what would be acceptable and it was like talking to a wall just carried on repeating 28 day return policy.
Do it mate. It be fine. Have 28 days to return, the box should come with the return label inside (dpd pickup).

Just take care of it and don’t drop it :)

Associate
I really hope the finger print sensor gets on better with my thumb in the days to come. I am really struggeling to open the phone. I do find it works better if I wet my fingers, but that clearly isn't going to be the solution going forward i have added it twice, and no updates available to the phone, so I'm guessing I am on the latest update (which I know improved the sensor)

Associate
TBF, more often than not the phone opens with the face recognition way before i even think about using the FPS. Although when I do use it, it's worked pretty much lawlessly, colour me impressed.

Associate
Samsung direct offer quite a generous return policy. Turn it on, use it as normal, download all your apps, take photos and transfer files to it. If you do decide to return it, you can do a factory reset, package it all up and drop it off at the DPD location. You'll get a full refund within a week or so. It's a no questions asked policy like Apple's.

What phone are you coming from?

Associate
Samsung direct offer quite a generous return policy. Turn it on, use it as normal, download all your apps, take photos and transfer files to it. If you do decide to return it, you can do a factory reset, package it all up and drop it off at the DPD location. You'll get a full refund within a week or so. It's a no questions asked policy like Apple's.

What phone are you coming from?

iPhone 8 also I was concerned because carphone warehouse in uk when I last bought a phone from them were like you can switch on but not download anything has to be in a unused condition

Also I have ordered it and got a email confirmation nothing else yet, I am hoping I can get by tomorrow but probably too late by now .

Soldato
I really hope the finger print sensor gets on better with my thumb in the days to come. I am really struggeling to open the phone. I do find it works better if I wet my fingers, but that clearly isn't going to be the solution going forward i have added it twice, and no updates available to the phone, so I'm guessing I am on the latest update (which I know improved the sensor)

I assume you've taken off the pre-installed screen protector..apparently it works better without it.

Associate
iPhone 8 also I was concerned because carphone warehouse in uk when I last bought a phone from them were like you can switch on but not download anything has to be in a unused condition

Also I have ordered it and got a email confirmation nothing else yet, I am hoping I can get by tomorrow but probably too late by now .

If you buy in a shop then you don't get the same protection as online under distance selling.

As above, Samsung's return policy is use the phone as normal and then decide if it's for you, if not, they'll issue you a full refund provided you return the phone undamaged and with everything it shipped with.

Coming from an iPhone 8 will be a huge upgrade - congrats.

Associate
My S10 is on software version G973FXXU1ASBA with no updates available, is this the latest version which includes the recent fix they did to the fingerprint sensor?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I damaged by S7 at the weekend so took the opportunity to run out and buy an S10e based on the awesome things I had read about it. I love the size, I love the flat non-curved screen and the fingerprint scanner was said to be way better than the current in-display ones. The only "downside" was not having the 2s optical lens... well really who give a toots about that.

Anyway, now I had it for 2 days I am liking it a lot. It has taken some customizing to get it back to the way I like it, but the overall hardware seems great. The camera is very nice, the phone is very snappy, and I am now getting used to not having a central home button.

I have ordered a Spiggen Rugged Armor (my preferred case for any phone) and then will try and find a decent tempered glass screen protector asap.

All in all, like I did with my S7 I will probably buy this phone for the next few years when my current one is damaged and I need to replace it because the price/performance is perfect and next year it will probably be much cheaper. Good times for phone users. :)

Back
Top Bottom