**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Is anyone else noticing since 4.0 update wifi is really slow? ... web pages seem to hang for 2-3 seconds before loading.

I've seen a few comments on reddit of people having the same problem.

I'm using a S20 FE (both 2.4 & 5Ghz) along with a factory reset, other mobiles in the house are ok.

Not the exact same problem but
Since updating to 4.0 i am getting

Samsung internet app constantly locking up or restarting my phone (using Brave browser now)
I only use 2 games, and many times i open the game and the phone freezes and i have to restart.
At random times my phone will just reboot, even when not in use.

Tried clearing cache, and uninstalling the updates on some samsung manager thing,

factory reset i think is my next step

Associate
Done another reset over the weekend this time trying without any apps installed ... also adjusted some settings on my access points which has improved things for all wireless devices except my FE.

Guess I'll stick with using 4G connection.

Man of Honour
OP
Not seen any of those issues, for me the S20 5G has been the most stable and efficient Samsung I have owned to date so am hoping the S22 Ultra continues that when it arrives in March.

You might want to check settings for WiFi as they may be throttling WiFi in some way, first in WiFi Advanced:

Vebqjgq.png

And then in Developer settings you could try tweaking a couple of these settings that may improves things for you:

MCjRxpX.png

Associate
Save me trawling 45 pages please.

Just got this phone a few weeks ago. Did/does anyone have problems with the screen going black during calls. I have the face recognition to keep the phone on, set up, and the screen time out to its max 10 minutes, so it seems after that 10 minutes, I have to push the power button to get the screen back on. Not even a double tap wakes it like its set to do. It`s a p.i.t.a. trying to end the call.

No big deal in the grand scheme of things but would like to screen to stay on during calls. Can anyone advise?

S20 FE 5G

As an S20U owner, I'm having a poke in this thread to see how you're all getting on with your S20U's, 2.5 years on? I got mine in April 2020 and I'm still loving it! It's the longest I've had a phone since my original PAYG from year 2000 for 4 years, and every phone after that have been 1, 1.5 or 2 years. The S20U's battery health is now at 90% (4383mAh out of 4855mAh design capacity), still getting the Android/security updates, good 5G and 4G signals on Three, BT and PlusNet. The camera is still holding up good vs bog standard point-and-shoot digicams and the processor is handling the apps that I throw at it no probs. I've dropped it a few times (including onto a pavement from waist height) and cracked a couple of £10 cases but the handset is unscathed :) I haven't had any luck with screen protectors though as I can never apply them correctly (too fiddly for me) but the screen seems fine to me because the case edges protrude outwards from the screen slightly so that the screen never comes in contact with the pavement.

Money is no issue for me, but I still don't feel the need to upgrade from my S20U. I know eventually though it will start to show its age. Do you guys think the S23U that comes out next year will be a big enough step to warrant a jump?

For those who owned an S20U, then went onto an S21U or S22U, how did you find the jump? Or were they just little steps?

Back
Top Bottom