**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Soldato
For the first time I might go for the largest option when I finally upgrade my S8. I have girl hands so have always avoided the bigger ones but all of them are getting bigger anyway, and I want the super duper camera and largest battery so I'll just have to deal with it.

Soldato
Volume rocker now on the right with the lock button and no Bixby button?

That would put it in line the current a series phones. Bixby, or google assistant if you remap the button, can be enabled by holding the lock button. That's if you choose to enable that functionality of course, otherwise it brings up the power options.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Will be buying the samsung Xcover if i can get my hands on one.

More than good enough if you are over 28 and not a idiot :)

Caporegime
A few more leaks and details...

This segregating is getting a touch annoying now and I am concerned about how draining the 90/120Hz screens will be. The bog standard S20 supposedly packs a 4000 mAh battery and the Ultra 5G - 5000 mAh battery. A real step up which they have only chosen to do now.

Soldato
If it's affordable, or not too crazy, tempted by the s20ultra and only 12GB ram. Would probably turn off the high refresh rate anyway. Bought cheaper phones and they don't last for me, yet don't need the full power of high-end phones.
UK we're getting the job Qualcomm chips, correct?

Soldato
If it's affordable, or not too crazy, tempted by the s20ultra and only 12GB ram. Would probably turn off the high refresh rate anyway. Bought cheaper phones and they don't last for me, yet don't need the full power of high-end phones.
UK we're getting the job Qualcomm chips, correct?
From what i've read, the S20 range will be Exynos (990 maybe?) again for UK/Europe.

Associate
Also rumours that refresh rate will be FHD120hz or WQHD60hz due to screen limitations.

Difference between FHD and WQHD isn't massive for my 6.1 inch S10, but on that big 6.9 inch S20, I wonder whether it'll be noticeable.

Caporegime
Any memory geeks? Come on, does a phone really need >12GB of RAM? I know iPhones are a little more optimized because there is less fragmentation but does it not suggest Android is in need of more optimization? Or they're solution is lazy (throwing more RAM in)? Or is this all a marketing thing?

Apparently rumour has it both the S20 & S20+ will come with the Exynos 990 and won't have 5G, the S20 Ultra on the other hand will come with the Snapdragon 865 in the UK & 5G as standard.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-ultra-price-release-specs-features_id121531

Now that is some welcome news (in part), though I find myself in the same conundrum - I swear this time I won't get a bigger phone :o.

Back
Top Bottom