**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
My S21 Ultra has died today. Turned off and won't turn on, and won't hold any charge, wired or wireless. Had it since its release but pretty disappointed as I held off upgrading to the S24 as I wanted another year out of it. Now it's value is negligible as I can't trade it in and will need to get it repaired, but most likely I'm going to move to a Pixel 8 Pro or One Plus 12.
Am considering the oneplus myself - the wife has one and I really like the way the camera images turn out - the Galaxy photos never seem to be as colourful

Soldato
One UI 6.1 update is out if anyone else is still using their S21 ultra.
Downloading a 2409.33MB update now.
The Galaxy has been one of the most reliable phones I have had and, even though, the battery doesn't last quite so long, I had not really thought of upgrading it again until recently. I get the feeling that there will be a lot of peeps still using it - a very capable phone

Associate
I used the battery saver where it limited the charge to 85% since release, but more recently found myself having to plug it in to avoid running out in the evening. It actually died during a particularly long phone call a few weeks ago.
I do run two SIMs (EE&O2) which may have more of a drain.. *shrugs*
With the new update I switched it to adaptive instead and wake up with the phone on 100% and haven't needed to plug in the phone in the evening... So far.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used the battery saver where it limited the charge to 85% since release, but more recently found myself having to plug it in to avoid running out in the evening. It actually died during a particularly long phone call a few weeks ago.
I do run two SIMs which may have more of a drain.. *shrugs*
With the new update I switched it to adaptive instead and wake up with the phone on 100% and haven't needed to plug in the phone in the evening... So far.
Thats sounds useful !

Soldato
I do run two SIMs (EE&O2) which may have more of a drain.. *shrugs*
Have you checked it's holding 80% until an 1hr (ish) before you wake up, then fully charged, or is it going to 100% and just staying there?

Soldato
Am considering the oneplus myself - the wife has one and I really like the way the camera images turn out - the Galaxy photos never seem to be as colourful
I ended up going for the S24 Ultra....but that was only because the OnePlus was out of stock in the colour and memory size I wanted and I was in desperate need of a new phone.

Man of Honour
I'm a bit miffed after the update,
When on my home screen I used to strike right and I'd see loads of news stories based on my interests but since the update I get a circle of death.
Also when I opened Google Chrome I saw a page of similar stories but that also has a circle of death.
I have had a mess with settings but getting nowhere, any ideas?

Thanks

Man of Honour
Google discover still works when I swipe right on my home screen and when I open Chrome.

I did see this though which has a few suggestions to try

I didn't even know it was called that :)
I'll try it.

Update
Tried everything on that page with no luck :(

Last edited:
Associate
Found this:

Try uninstalling the latest update for the Google app

I've also read that you can disconnect your Google account from discovery to use it without an account, then re-add your account.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Found this:

Try uninstalling the latest update for the Google app

Woohoo, I owe you an internet pint.

Soldato
Updated my S21Ultra and quite impressed so far. Need to check AOD settings as I'm sure the clock/icon area has moved since the update while screen is off.

Man of Honour
Just bought an s24+ to replace an S10+and finding it really hard to hold without the curved edges. Makes it feel a good centimetre wider in my hands.

Tempted to swap it for a normal s24. Anyone experienced similar or did you just get used to it?

Every smartphone I've ever owned immediately goes into a flip case.
Whenever I see anybody carrying a phone without a cover on, it creeps me out :)

Back
Top Bottom