**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Having another odd little issue, when I view or record video, it's very choppy. When I play it back it is as expected depending what framerate I have but in the recording app it feels like about 5 FPS, tried changing settings but not sure what's going in (plenty of storage left).

Last edited:
Associate
I've just get a refurb S21 Plus and am wading through the 81 pages at the moment. This thing is as slippery as an eel so am paranoid about dropping it before I get a case. I really need a grippy case with decent protection so am looking at the Caseology Parallax. Have people been putting on an additional screen protector too?

Man of Honour
I've just get a refurb S21 Plus and am wading through the 81 pages at the moment. This thing is as slippery as an eel so am paranoid about dropping it before I get a case. I really need a grippy case with decent protection so am looking at the Caseology Parallax. Have people been putting on an additional screen protector too?

I've always bought Flip Cases eg https://www.amazon.co.uk/LOLFZ-Sams...prefix=s21+ultra+flip+case,aps,92&sr=8-6&th=1

My refurb seller gave me a case and also put a free protector on saying "£10 for a protector or £250 for a new screen".
I also need to put a protector over the camera lenses.

Man of Honour
I've got a real problem not being able to write posts or reply on OCUK.
As soon as I start typing and get a few words in all the spacing goes out and I can have 10 lines between each sentence.
I have 5 browsers and all do the same.
The only way to post is type on a notepad then copy and paste.
My phone is an S21 Ultra just in case there is a setting somewhere.

Associate
Its the samsung Keyboard, not sure why it happens, something to do with the grammarly checker, only happens in this forum.

If you turn it off in settingd or run a different Keyboard it stops, it is annoying.

Soldato
Curiosity question, if I have VoLTE on, why does it never show it connects in the top bar?
I get the WiFi calling symbol.
I'm on Vodafone.

Also can't set WiFi calling as preferred on my Vodafone SIM, but can in the O2 SIM.
Can this phone only do 1 SIM WiFi calling?

Actually, if I turn my work O2 SIM off, I loose the WiFi calling option for my voda SIM....hmmmm.

Airplane mode and WiFi only, both sims will WiFi call.
Is Vodafone blocking the 'preferred' setting?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
After the last upgrade I have a big problem with my Ultra, the media volume is at least half of which it should be.
I've tried other in-ears but still low.
I've tried many solution on Google but nothing works.
I've installed a volume booster but the sound becomes distorted.

Anybody else had this problem and sussed it?

Man of Honour
I should have took this off.
I've been experimenting and trying other ideas for at least an hour and it's now all fixed.
I had to water syringe my ears :)
I've got one of those endoscopes that looks inside my ears and they looked clean but the water must have fetched some out.

Soldato
On my S21 FE, my unbranded £10 case was chunky and very protective but plastic bits were starting to break off. I've just replaced it with a Spigen Tough Armour. Lovely quality, feels and looks great and only £15 from Amazon. Along with my glass screen protector my phone feels nicely protected.

Associate
I finally peeled off the plastic protector that came with the phone the other day.
I've since noticed the fingerprint sensor is behaving a little better.
I don't know if i'm going to bother putting another one on.
Are there any decent ones out that aren't soft tpu? something similar to the one i just removed?

Last edited:
Soldato
On my S21 FE, my unbranded £10 case was chunky and very protective but plastic bits were starting to break off. I've just replaced it with a Spigen Tough Armour. Lovely quality, feels and looks great and only £15 from Amazon. Along with my glass screen protector my phone feels nicely protected.
Does your screen protector have a big circle in it as that was on all the ones I've seen and it's annoying.

Soldato
Does your screen protector have a big circle in it as that was on all the ones I've seen and it's annoying.
Nope, not on mine. A friend showed me his S23 with one of those protectors with a circle over the fingerprint scanner which I thought looked ugly. Mine is tempered glass and the only issue I find is occasionally it takes more than one press for the screen to respond whereas most other times it's instant. But I guess that's the nature of screen protectors.

Soldato
Anyone have issues connecting their phone to PC?
I can connect and transfers photos, if I select that, but if I select file transfer, windows says no!
Tried usb2, usb3, diff cables. Same result everytime.
Photos, ok, files, no.

Soldato
Anyone have issues connecting their phone to PC?
I can connect and transfers photos, if I select that, but if I select file transfer, windows says no!
Tried usb2, usb3, diff cables. Same result everytime.
Photos, ok, files, no.

What USB mode do you have it in when trying the transfers? Just images or files as well?

Soldato
So I just tested on mine, phone is unlocked and my settings are

USB controlled by

"This device"

Use USB for

"Transferring files/Android auto"

Is yours the same and not working?

Just trying to rule out the basics. I'm also on windows 10, what OS do you have?

Back
Top Bottom