**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Yea, phones have become expensive.

BUT, i've chosen to see it like this..

I use my Phone every day. 4+hours per day.

Of all my possessions Its the MOST used... So... is the cost actually that mental?

Associate
Yea, phones have become expensive.

BUT, i've chosen to see it like this..

I use my Phone every day. 4+hours per day.

Of all my possessions Its the MOST used... So... is the cost actually that mental?

Can argue does this phone do anything that 1 or 2 year old phone can't or cheaper models. Me myself I prefer to have the latest when I upgrade. I used to upgrade every 7or 8 months but grown out of that as phones now days not too much different other than camera
I saw s22 ultra £50 a month and £50 upfront over 24 months with unlimited calls, txts and 100gb. I thought that's a good deal. I went for 256gb version unlimited calls, txts and 100gb for £63 a month. I could pay £70 and upgrade when I like but as I say it's more money and phone now days not too much different but I am looking forward to seeing the camera and taking pics. I currently have s20 ultra the USB port sometimes doesn't charge if I touch the charging cable and I have a few hairline cracks on screen

Associate
Been with the S20 FE for ages now, I lost interest in upgrading phones when the prices started to get absurd. I got the FE on a really good deal at the time and it does the job just fine. It was actually nice to go back to a flat screen.

Fast fwd to this week and I've just been offered the following from EE:

S22 Ultra 256GB model

Deal 1 - £49.70 a month, £30 upfront, 100GB data
Deal 2 - £46.90 a month, £50 upfront, 40GB data
Deal 3 - £45.50 a month, £100 upfront, 10GB data

Now the data isn't such a big deal as I have more than one line with EE (mum, dad, wife etc) and I can data share, my line has unlimited data anyway. The above does not involve any trade-in so I can sell my FE on and recoup some money that way. I have had several variants of the Note series and they were always my favourite phones, Note 4 stands out in particular so I am quite tempted to go back to the S22 Ultra/Note - the other models don't interest me. Are the deals too good to refuse? I have spent zero time looking online as I wasn't really interested in upgrading but then got offered ^ and it seems like a good deal to me??

Seems like a very good deal to me. Did they offer you it or did you look on website because I looked on their website and they offered soemthing similar do I rang them saying I been offered this deal sounds too chela to me they said its s22 plus not ultra despite website saying it was ultra.

I got 256GB with 100gb data, unlimited calls and txts he said he gave me 20% off so I save £14 and can keep my current phone so my bill is £63 a month

£50 x 12 is £600 so that's £1200 think 256gb phone would cost more than that so doesn't seem right but if you can get it that's a great deal

Soldato
I've just got off the phone to them now. I went for the £30 upfront and £49.70 a month for 100GB data, S22 ultra 256GB burgundy.

That includes a 30% f&f discount from the original price of £71 - I was offered this by mistake originally. This was the price for the s22 plus but because I had proof of our chat and I confirmed over and over again with the advisor that it was the ultra I wanted not the plus, they've decided to honour the price. It should have been £81 a month not £71 for the ultra (excluding the 30% discount). Anyway I can't complain I plan on selling my FE and the free Buds and hopefully getting £2-300 back which will soften the blow a little.

Associate
I've just got off the phone to them now. I went for the £30 upfront and £49.70 a month for 100GB data, S22 ultra 256GB burgundy.

That includes a 30% f&f discount from the original price of £71 - I was offered this by mistake originally. This was the price for the s22 plus but because I had proof of our chat and I confirmed over and over again with the advisor that it was the ultra I wanted not the plus, they've decided to honour the price. It should have been £81 a month not £71 for the ultra (excluding the 30% discount). Anyway I can't complain I plan on selling my FE and the free Buds and hopefully getting £2-300 back which will soften the blow a little.

That's a great deal. I don't have any buds so will keep the ones I get with phone and I get Disney plus and I got 20% off £81 because I been with EE for number of years so I thoguht its a good deal but now think its poor after hearing your deal haha. Might keep the s20 plus as a work phone so doesn't matter if I crack screen etc in warehouse

Soldato

That's a great deal, I'm with Vodafone and couldn't get anywhere close to that. Presuming yours is a 24 months contract you are paying £1222 which is the price of the phone, so you're technically getting line rental for free.

Associate
You can get the ultra 128gb for £50 a month with 100gb and unlimited calls and txts it's with 3 but through a company. Can give you link if you're interested. I onky saw it when looking at a review on the T3 website

Soldato
You can get the ultra 128gb for £50 a month with 100gb and unlimited calls and txts it's with 3 but through a company. Can give you link if you're interested. I only saw it when looking at a review on the T3 website

Personally wouldn't touch the 128GB/8GB, find it insulting that Samsung even included this version. It has less ram than last years version and they still asking £1150

Man of Honour
Could swear the difference between wired vs wireless charging on the S20 5G was much smaller than this but I guess there is a 1000mAh capacity difference in there too. I wish this has 25W wireless charging instead of the same old 15.

Charge-Times.png

The wireless charger from the above screenshot is actually an 18W Choetech dual with multiple coils inside so 15W output charger overheads need not apply (at least as much anyway).

Oh also saw the S20 Graphite today I ordered for my bro in law, really nice feeling compared to the S20, was surprised it is actually shorter than the S20 and the screen slightly smaller too but it doesn't take anything away from the screen itself for quality/clarity etc.

S22_DBs.jpg

The camera is nearly as good as well but the non Ultras lack the focus enhancer (macro mode) as well as some other specs of the camera.

Last edited:
Associate
What cases do you guys have or plan on getting? I think I will go for UAG Monarch case and will get USB covers to stop dirt getting in as overtime I find I have to wiggle the charging cable to get it to charge and if I knock the lead it disconnects
Tempted to go wireless charger as inserting cable then pulling it out every day can effect it too

i ordered the s22 ultra 256GB burgundy last Thursday and was told takes 14 working days but looked on their website now says usually despatched within 7 days so outside chance I get it next week sometime. I’m hoping as I’m off work next week

Soldato
Could swear the difference between wired vs wireless charging on the S20 5G was much smaller than this but I guess there is a 1000mAh capacity difference in there too. I wish this has 25W wireless charging instead of the same old 15.

Charge-Times.png

The wireless charger from the above screenshot is actually an 18W Choetech dual with multiple coils inside so 15W output charger overheads need not apply (at least as much anyway).

That's interesting, I'm using a Samsung 9W wireless charger and I'm get the same charge times as you

3Gq7SUo.jpg

Man of Honour
Well that just confirms it lol, 2hrs 37mins for that S22+ to charge a 4500mAh battery whereas the Ultra's 5000 says 2hrs 34 from 12% - FWIW I have a fast 15W wireless charger in the car too and that's the same. I reckon Samsung /could/. unlock more charging speed from the wireless charging if they wanted with a firmware update

Soldato
I was under the impression that fast wireless charging is not good for batteries, and Samsung have had serious battery issues in the past and are probably playing it safe. At a guess.

I only ever wireless charge over night at a slow speed. If I need to fast charge then its done by USB cable through a little magnetic adapter that lives permanently in the phones USB C port. Works a treat :)

Back
Top Bottom