**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
EDIT:
Last night on my way home as said in another post, GPS dead.
I went into "Biometrics and Security" and checked for updates for "Google play system update" of which there were a few updates to do, and "System update".

Today now it's been 16 hours since rebooting my phone, opened maps and it's gone straight to where I am. Opened GPS Status app, instant lock with over 40 satellites showing.

Maybe this is the hidden fix!

What is the last update date you have in 'Google Play system update'? Mine is showing 1st of Feb, and I get no hits if I check for further updates.

Associate
January I think.

I had to do several updates, iirc one of them was quite large, over 40MB, all of which required me to reboot to apply. Mine does say 1st February now.

How is your GPS?

EDIT: False alarm, it's gone again!

Last edited:
Soldato

Fixed :D

uc

Last edited:
Associate
January I think.

I had to do several updates, iirc one of them was quite large, over 40MB, all of which required me to reboot to apply. Mine does say 1st February now.

How is your GPS?

Mostly working fine, but I did take a train from Manchester to London on Friday and it couldn't get a lock when I tried while it was moving at top speed. I know it's sometimes hard for phones to, but it failed pretty hard.

Associate
Messing around with the phone I turned on device protection, turned on dolby atmos, changed home screen grid to 5x6.
Tap software information 7 times unlocks developers settings and I turned on force dark mode so even apps not fully supported it will still go in dark mode

Soldato
Having used the phone for a few days now I don't like the neo-hybrid case. Anyone recommend something a bit sleeker/slimmer which still protects the camera lens (so they don't protrude).

Man of Honour
No updates available here in any of those areas. Still have same problem. It works after a reboot but then next time you got use any app that needs GPS data, no satellites found. Hoping its a firmware fix.

Man of Honour
Having used the phone for a few days now I don't like the neo-hybrid case. Anyone recommend something a bit sleeker/slimmer which still protects the camera lens (so they don't protrude).

Rocking the Spigen Thin Fit case here, nice protection for the lenses and no issues so far.

Soldato
Always the Liquid Air version? Think Spigen have few more thin options too.

This is the one I use, perfectly happy with it. Although it does seem to collect pocket lint around the edges...But they probably all do.

No updates available here in any of those areas. Still have same problem. It works after a reboot but then next time you got use any app that needs GPS data, no satellites found. Hoping its a firmware fix.

Have you tried turning off the GNSS power saving feature in developer options?
It's part of the GPS satellite tracking system, and by default Android power cycles this so it's barely enabled for a second each time. I'm wondering if the GPS issue is tied to this power cycling?
Just a thought.

Soldato
I'm using this case https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nillkin-Ca...1007037&hvtargid=pla-1635635776200&psc=1&th=1

It protects the lens, looks nice and quite light. Only negative is I wish the sides were higher to protect the sides of the phone

I looked at that case (although it was only in black originally). It made the phone look quite bulky given the extra depth to have the camera cover. The other issue is if you want a quick shot then fanning to open the cover is a potential miss...

Associate
@FlyingFish have you tried it? Give it a go and see if you still have GPS after 24 hours of uptime.

I'm using the Ringke Fusion matte back case as it doesn't show fingerprints but let's my phone's burnt orange shine through! The phone sits without rocking on table as the camera area is raised and there are little raised bits on the corners too.

Associate
I don't find it bulky, makes it easier to hold for me and camera shutter only takes a second to slide back. I just wanted to protect the lenses
I will get the uag monarch case I think it's around £50 to £60 but doesn't have camera shutter to protect the lenses

Anybody got any useful tips? I listed how to unlock the developers options and using button under the volume to power off rather bisby. There is also a way letting phone decide what volume levels should be based on your hearing which I thought was a nice little feature

Back
Top Bottom