**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Soldato
Has never happened to me. Did you use smart switch? Sounds like you have a software conflict issue.

Here are my gesture setting

iple8tQ.jpeg 19iVlIf.jpeg
Smart switch yeah, and I have tried using One UI and nova launcher. There are a few people online with a similar issue on other phones, but it doesn't seem widespread

Associate
Right folks - S22+ or S22 Ultra? I take occasional photos and videos.

I'm leaning towards S22+

I can buy a 256gb S22+ for £850 (RRP is £1000).

I've just got the S22 Ultra and tbh...its incredible

The camera is fantastic and the zoom up until around 30x zoom is crystal clear. The 100x zoom is fun and taking pics of the moon etc pretty cool.

The s22+ seems a great choice too but the camera and the occasional use of the s pen means it's the best choice for me.

I'm getting married in Aug so wanted a top camera for holiday pics and the best possible for the random pics I fancy taking.

Soldato
I've just got back from Tenerife and have to agree the S22 Ultra cameras are superb - I've taken some really decent photos just using the auto modes at pretty high zoom levels - for those who know what they're doing I'm sure even better can be extracted from it if setting up manually!

Agreed with OneZeoN, up to 30x zoom is pretty damn good!

Soldato
Soldato
I have been really impressed with portrait mode actually, I sent some photos to a photographer friend of a wedding I went to and he asked if they were the unedited SLR pics from the wedding photographer... lol

Soldato
I've just got the S22 Ultra and tbh...its incredible

The camera is fantastic and the zoom up until around 30x zoom is crystal clear. The 100x zoom is fun and taking pics of the moon etc pretty cool.

The s22+ seems a great choice too but the camera and the occasional use of the s pen means it's the best choice for me.

I'm getting married in Aug so wanted a top camera for holiday pics and the best possible for the random pics I fancy taking.

I've just got back from Tenerife and have to agree the S22 Ultra cameras are superb - I've taken some really decent photos just using the auto modes at pretty high zoom levels - for those who know what they're doing I'm sure even better can be extracted from it if setting up manually!

Agreed with OneZeoN, up to 30x zoom is pretty damn good!

I haven't actually held either the S22+ or the S22 Ultra. I'm basing the size off the S9+ which is what I currently have.

I feel like the S22 Ultra is just a touch too big?

Also, the camera on the S22+ isn't exactly terrible based off YouTube reviews when they've compared the S22+ and the Ultra cameras. Tbh based off YouTube videos I was barely able to tell the camera quality apart between the S22+ and the Ultra.

Soldato
There's no doubt the S22 Ultra is a big phone - compared to my S10+ I had previously, it does feel bigger once in a case (my S10+ was as well) - I think this is mainly due to the squared corners maybe.

However, would I swap it? Most definitely not! I would suggest popping to a local store to have a hold of both.

Associate
I have a new S22 Ultra but I still use my S9+ and S10+ concurrently in wifi mode for work, the S22 Ultra is only a little bit bigger to hold than the S9+ and a bit heavier, not by much though, I regularly use all 3 phones in full book cover style cases with rubber enclosures, which make them even bigger, but still just fine for me.

My S22 Ultra case itself is actually responsible for some increased bulk due to having some multiple wallet compartments, I'll probably get a slimmer case at some point. Just holding both the S9+ and S22 Ultra to compare them right now, if you can use a S9+, you should be fine with a S22 Ultra as well, but it is a bit bigger.

Loving the pen on mine, been using art packages and colouring in black and white manga pages for fun, also got the free Samsung wireless earbuds yesterday, working really well, adds a lot of value to the whole package, but I'm not sure if they're running the free earbuds promo right now.

Soldato
Ordered an S22 ultra in Green - 256gb.
Thanks to a few posts on here saved 10% by buying a cheap code off ebay. Upgrading from a Note 8. Hoping for decent improvement in the selfie cam.

Delivery 2 weeks. Theyve run out of the free tags.

Associate
Anyone else had horrendous signal after the last update, can't even get 3g in most places my £50 Motorola spare phone can get full signal. Apart from that phones been amazing.

Edit; actually I tell a lie, I keep putting my finger under the left speaker it should be on the right haha

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else had horrendous signal after the last update, can't even get 3g in most places my £50 Motorola spare phone can get full signal. Apart from that phones been amazing.

Edit; actually I tell a lie, I keep putting my finger under the left speaker it should be on the right haha

Wrong brand for holding it wrong ;)

Associate
Ordered an S22 ultra in Green - 256gb.
Thanks to a few posts on here saved 10% by buying a cheap code off ebay. Upgrading from a Note 8. Hoping for decent improvement in the selfie cam.

Delivery 2 weeks. Theyve run out of the free tags.
what was the total price in the end?

Associate
@evohicks thanks, that's one of the ones I'm using, other being the amfilm you which were awful.

I'll use these up and try glass again.
I've noticed over the last few days that the TPU screen protector has moved slightly but enough to look off center with the selfie cam and almost to the point of obstructing it.
Just put another on:)

Associate
Can anyone recommend a multi port (preferably 6+) charger that can do super fast charging? I had to send back the 'Topvork' one I got because it wouldn't charge my QC devices properly.

Soldato
Got my S22 ultra delivered a week early.
Smooth experience with smart switch.
Initially had issues with lag and scrolling but this seems to have sorted itself out .

Ordered the trusted spigen tough armour case.

This phone has been the most stable since launch that I have had in a while. I recall having multiple bugs with the S20U and looked forward to each update in the hope it would resolve them. The S9 was quite poor too I recall. Nice to see regular updates though, they do seem to be sending them out fairly often.

Back
Top Bottom