**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Soldato
In all honesty, the biggest surprise is the battery life. I've come from the S22 Ultra, and this new S23 Ultra is in a different league.

It's just amazing how much battery % I still have even after half a day. This is just unbelievable for a Samsung phone.

Man of Honour
In all honesty, the biggest surprise is the battery life. I've come from the S22 Ultra, and this new S23 Ultra is in a different league.

It's just amazing how much battery % I still have even after half a day. This is just unbelievable for a Samsung phone.

Nice - I've never found my S21 Ultra to be "poor" but its always been a re-charge every 24 hour deal and carry a portable battery if I'm out - out!

Soldato
Soldato

I am on S22 U, hoping to see a significant increase when I order / get an S23 U as I've not been particularly happy with the battery on this

Caporegime

Finally, long overdue even with some past successes. Assume refinement, optimization and sacking off the Exynos helped a lot.

Last edited:
Caporegime

This is the main reason I'm trading in my S21U. Battery life was starting to suffer with age. Glad to hear it's decent.

Associate

Numbers, please! I know everyone's usage is different but it'd be nice to see

Soldato

Glad to hear that's a big difference that you've seen :) Clearly the move to Snapdragon for the EU was the right one, probably exposes how bad the offering was over here.

Man of Honour
Numbers, please! I know everyone's usage is different but it'd be nice to see

I've been using both side by side, as of this lunchtime the S22 Ultra was on the o2 eSIM but got my transfer pack in the post and did the swap over to the S23U so the latter half of the day the 23 has been on the eSIM.

Been using both cameras side by side, exact same apps and settings, same synchros in the BG etc and o2 network is a bit pants here although is 4G, at 15Mbps...

At the moment the S22 Ultra is on 89% battery left, S23 Ultra is on 90%

Both phones were sat on the dual wireless fast charger overnight.

Both are connected to Wifi (5GHz band), and both have the exact same screen brightness and other settings etc.

Keep in mind the 23's battery is still "learning usage patterns" so will take more than a day to do that as Android trains battery use over the course of 7 days.

So with that in mind here's my day 1 battery stats, note that the screen on time between the two, the S22U has had half the SoT yet the battery is lower. That should highlight how much more efficient the SD8 Gen 2 chipset is!

S23 Ultra (left) / S22 Ultra (right)

KdvIZud.jpg xQT6fYu.png

Edit*
Actually forgot to say that the only diff is WhatsApp was deactivated on the S22 Ultra last night so that's been syncing all day today on the 23, hence the 1.1% usage there. So effectively the 23's battery is even better still.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine has finally arrive and must say it's beautiful, a nice step up from the s21U in looks and feel. It feels a little nicer to hold, the shape the screen is just beautiful.

Just doing the usual setup and obviously have no idea on battery life etc yet.

In terms of the trade in stuff, I have the bag and the tracker 48 label. I'll be sending it via special delivery as aren't chancing the £100 cover their standard tracker label provides.

I keep the box when I have a new phone so still have my s21 box to return it in and will get it sent off before the weekend hopefully.

Associate
Ever since I first switched my s23 ultra on yesterday, there has been a permanent voicemail icon in the top bar, even though I have no voicemails either new, saved or otherwise.

It's starting to do my head in!

Associate
Still patiently waiting on my order, everything's still "Preparing dispatch" and Samsung Chat Support are utter useless telling me that the phone says it will deliver on the 17th so to wait then and they didn't have a reason why other customers are receiving theirs a week before the delivery estimate.

- Galaxy S23 Ultra 512GB Graphite
- Galaxy Watch 5 Pro LTE
- 10% referral code
- 10% off after buying the Samsung Screen Protectors
- 7% off with TopCashBack

I've opted to go for the Pitaka MagEZ Case (https://www.ipitaka.com/products/magez-case-3-for-samsung-galaxy-s23) as nearly all my chargers and accessories are MagSafe (coming from an iPhone 13 Pro Max) so this will help me continue to use everything.

I’ve received a notification from DPD that they’re expecting a parcel from Samsung. Hopefully the phone comes tomorrow. Knowing my luck the package will contain the Watch and screen protectors and the phone’s delayed.

Back
Top Bottom