**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

I didn't get a bag!
I didn't get a bag, just a RM Tracked 48 label. In the past you had paperwork in the box only if you needed to return the new phone if you didn't want to keep it. A bag and label was sent separately for your trade in. I still have the box my S21U came in so will use that. Whether you 'need' a bag is up to you to source as they trying to avoid loads of plastic etc and you can just stick the label on the box. It also has your trade in reference number printed on it. You get 2 weeks to return it.

Last edited:
I didn't get a bag, just a RM Tracked 48 label. In the past you had paperwork in the box only if you needed to return the new phone if you didn't want to keep it. A bag and label was sent separately for your trade in. I still have the box my S21U came in so will use that. Whether you 'need' a bag is up to you to source as they trying to avoid loads of plastic etc and you can just stick the label on the box. It also has your trade in reference number printed on it. You get 2 weeks to return it.
wait for a few more days, I ordered a watch 5 last year which came with a trade in address label. Few day later a trade in pack with label and bag arrived.

Maybe we will. The emails says about the label in the box then says RETURN PACK Follow the simple postage instructions etc. Wait and see.
Can always use another bag or box to return the trade-in item but must have the tracking reference on the label because it is also the trade-in reference. I did send in the trade-in watch with another box before the return pack arrived. Got a confirmation email that the trade-in was completed around 10 days later.

For some reason its not letting me add my trade in

It says correct but then doesnt let me click trade in - that bit is greyed out

For some reason its not letting me add my trade in

It says correct but then doesnt let me click trade in - that bit is greyed out

Did you copy and paste the IMEI? I found I had to delete and re-enter last digit manually for it to register, also accept terms box below and button became clickable.

Guys, reuse the box the 23 came in lol, put box in the trade in bag, attach label, job done.
mrk could you try this

Go to gallery > settings > about then tap version 5 or more times ( had to use spen big fingers ) . This opens labs options in settings for gallery tweaks ... worked on my s22u a while back wanted to know if still working

Last edited:
I've been using both side by side, as of this lunchtime the S22 Ultra was on the o2 eSIM but got my transfer pack in the post and did the swap over to the S23U so the latter half of the day the 23 has been on the eSIM.

Been using both cameras side by side, exact same apps and settings, same synchros in the BG etc and o2 network is a bit pants here although is 4G, at 15Mbps...

At the moment the S22 Ultra is on 89% battery left, S23 Ultra is on 90%

Both phones were sat on the dual wireless fast charger overnight.

Both are connected to Wifi (5GHz band), and both have the exact same screen brightness and other settings etc.

Keep in mind the 23's battery is still "learning usage patterns" so will take more than a day to do that as Android trains battery use over the course of 7 days.

So with that in mind here's my day 1 battery stats, note that the screen on time between the two, the S22U has had half the SoT yet the battery is lower. That should highlight how much more efficient the SD8 Gen 2 chipset is!

S23 Ultra (left) / S22 Ultra (right)

KdvIZud.jpg xQT6fYu.png

Edit*
Actually forgot to say that the only diff is WhatsApp was deactivated on the S22 Ultra last night so that's been syncing all day today on the 23, hence the 1.1% usage there. So effectively the 23's battery is even better still.
Excellent. Thanks for that. That explains the high WhatsApp usage. That is impressive.

I've always loved Samsung but the last 2 or 3 years I've stayed away. Boring same design, bad battery and mediocre camera. Apart from the same old design they've fixed a lot of things. Gone are the days of touchwiz which everyone hated too.

With every Samsung release, someone is always moaning about not receiving this magical plastic return bag. It's a bog standard plastic bag, as long as you have the return label that's all that matters. You could return the phone in a bin bag for all they care.

Last edited:
With every Samsung release, someone is always moaning about not receiving this magical plastic return bag. It's a bog standard plastic bag, as long as you have the return label that's all that matters. You could return the phone in a bin bag for all they care.
Very true, but it is normal as many don't do trade in very often.

I don't like those shipping bags usually too big for items like smartphone, better use rainforest small box with return label to send the phone in.

Back
Top Bottom