**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S23 Family Thread ****

Caporegime
Anyone tried:

product image
IMBZBK [4+4 Pack] UV for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Not tried this style before. Cheaper the the Whitestone Dome version and more applications.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Downloaded FreeFileSYnc just now, thanks, but what about wiping my old phone that is a Samsung Galaxy S20 as it will be a trade in once my new S23 Ultra arrives?

Perhaps FreeFileSYnc can wipe my old phone too?

In Settings just reset the phone, that does a wipe..

Samsung also do a secure erase when they get every trade in back.

Man of Honour
Remove/sign out if Google account first though!
Have never done this because if you do a reset using the settings method, you're already polling Google's servers confirming authentication so all is well. You will already be set up and ready on the new phone anyway by this point.

The only time you need to manually sign out of accounts on Android is if a factory reset is done outside of the OS, as in from the boot loader.

Last edited:
Soldato
If anyone is interested, there is now a full glue glass screen protector for the S23 Ultra on Amazon.
Just like the ones you could get for those flat earther phones :D

No wet glue syringes and UV lights, you just stick it on.

I've got one for to mine, installation was really simple, the only caveat is it gives a slight matt effect to the screen, even though its glossy on the surface.

Link

Associate
so, what's the agreement on screen protector and case? i'm thinking
screen protector - samsung's own in 2 pack (is tauri releasing something for s23u?)
case - something from spigen maybe? i was looking at dbrand, as i used that with s22u, but $50? no thanks
I went for the Spigen Tough Armour, had similar on previous phones without a problem.

Associate
No early delivery for me apart from the case, I'm guessing it's the Galaxy watch 5 pro causing the delays, still I got a really good deal on this with the £100 tradein of my own galaxy watch combined with the 10% extra when I added the Ultra case and then another 10% from the referral code. On top of that managed to claim it from work as we have a sports / activity perk so zero cost (taxable obviously).

Roll on the 20th , battery life does appear to be brilliant which is a reason in itself to upgrade from my s22 ultra which I sold. Pixel 7 pro and pixel watch going on eBay when this arrives

Associate
I noticed that you now only get a trade in returns label in your new phone delivery as per the email you get from Samsung. Before you got a separate letter and a plastic bag.
Probably saving the environment again.

Dpd have told me they are getting ready to receive my 1tb. Should be here tomorrow.

I ordered a posh sleeve for it but it likely won't be here until next week so I've had to grab a chunky case as a temporary measure.

Also ordered a skin for the back to give it some texture. I really like the phone naked.

Caporegime
Any recommendations on screen protectors that aren't the official Samsung ones? And one that isn't a pain to apply.

Or can someone with an Ultra confirm if Samsung provide a cheapo one pre-installed? Just to tide me over until I get a proper one.

Last edited:
Soldato
None installed from factory anymore, the S23 Ultra comes with a black non transparent cover over the screen.

I've got the glass screen protector fitted from Amazon, linked a few posts up, very easy to fit, and so far so good.

Caporegime
None installed from factory anymore, the S23 Ultra comes with a black non transparent cover over the screen.

I've got the glass screen protector fitted from Amazon, linked a few posts up, very easy to fit, and so far so good.
Thanks, I'll look it up. Turns out our phones are now coming today despite saying Feb 13th.

Associate
I still havent received any news for mine.. still "processing" on the order track and "no delivery planned" from dpd. i have ordered the black 1tb, a case and the screen protector on the 2nd of February.

Caporegime
If anyone is interested, there is now a full glue glass screen protector for the S23 Ultra on Amazon.
Just like the ones you could get for those flat earther phones :D

No wet glue syringes and UV lights, you just stick it on.

I've got one for to mine, installation was really simple, the only caveat is it gives a slight matt effect to the screen, even though its glossy on the surface.

Link
Link doesn't work but interested.

Back
Top Bottom