*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
I've got a sim free S6+ and had the MM update yesterday. I don't know if it's me or has anyone else found the battery life sucks since the update.

IMHO 3000mah battery is way too small small for such a big screen, I had been just about getting through the day previously, I had to stick the phone on charge the minute I came through the door tonight :(

Man of Honour
I've got a sim free S6+ and had the MM update yesterday. I don't know if it's me or has anyone else found the battery life sucks since the update.

IMHO 3000mah battery is way too small small for such a big screen, I had been just about getting through the day previously, I had to stick the phone on charge the minute I came through the door tonight :(

I found that the battery life dropped dramatically with one of the OS updates (possibly the one previous to Marshmallow) but it seemed to slowly pick up again after the application optimisations (under battery) started taking effect. It might have been coincidence that this helped and it was actually another application update that sorted the issue but worth a try anyway.

Associate
I found that the battery life dropped dramatically with one of the OS updates (possibly the one previous to Marshmallow) but it seemed to slowly pick up again after the application optimisations (under battery) started taking effect. It might have been coincidence that this helped and it was actually another application update that sorted the issue but worth a try anyway.

Thanks for the info. I can only hope it settles down over the next couple of days. I've struggled to get home from work without a flat battery.

Associate
I upgraded my s6 edge to Marshmallow, but I have a annoying issue, once every few days the phone will randomly reboot. I have done a factory default and restored the phone. But i am still experiencing the same issue. Any ideas what it could be?

Associate
Does anyone else see battery drain overnight? I see about 2% per hour just sitting idle on my s6 plus. In battery stats I think it might be cell standby causing it. I've upgraded to marshmallow and tried changing rooms with the same result.

Soldato
You will see a bit of that. My phone used to drop more than that overnight, but since the Marshmallow update my overnight standby droppage has been much lower.
Probably drops ~10-15% overnight now which really surprised me at first as was used to the phone blitzing battery.

Associate
updated to Marshmallow about 2 weeks ago, just checked for updates and it seems to have downloaded it again, or at least a large update

Soldato
Oddly enough that you said that, following reading it I just did an update check, and got a 15MB OS system update patch.

Not sure what it does exactly, but I'm not complain at updates (as long as they dont break things!). At 15MB I'd guess a simple bugfix.
It did reference security if I read the notes correctly so hopefully just a vulnerability fix.

Soldato
got a 128gb version today, I like it but tbh it seems small compared the the m8 I had before, maybe I should have gone s6 edge+ was going to get a s7 edge but decided to hold off until I get kicked off the three one plan

Caporegime
got a 128gb version today, I like it but tbh it seems small compared the the m8 I had before, maybe I should have gone s6 edge+ was going to get a s7 edge but decided to hold off until I get kicked off the three one plan

If it's the Edge you have, then it is 4.4mm shorter than the M8 and slightly thinner, but that's about it. Screen size is larger on the Samsung though.

Back
Top Bottom