**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

I just got off the phone from Samsung Support. I will be getting the VR headset after all. I recommend anyone who has ordered through a provider who hasn't sent you the headset, that you contact your provider, ask them to send you a receipt and you can then send this off to Samsung as proof of purchase (as long as you pre-ordered before the cut-off). I don't know how long this will work for but it did for me :)

Neat will try this.

I went S5 to S7, took about 15 minutes and retained every app I use, quite impressed.

In terms of financial apps, it kept my Barclays, Barclaycard, MBNA and Capital One apps.

I also went from S5 to S7 Edge and did the Smart Switch link. I've had to reactivate my First Direct app and get security info sent to me by text and email after passing other security questions. It can only be active on 1 device, is working fine now and I've uninstalled it from the old S5.

Samsung Pay isnt available in UK yet, so why are you all hunting for it?

Mine had it as default - what is this update you are all talking about?

It will be very soon though I think.
To do the update go to Settings: About device: Download updates manually.

Supposed to be bug fixes and performance improvements. :)

Good to hear the early reports that Samsung have put the effort into the battery life and it's working out. It's the only reason I'm not using an S6 at the moment.

I can read you guys being happy with themes. When I look at available themes I just see girly/flashy ugly themes and most of them are not free. Am I missing something?...

I can read you guys being happy with themes. When I look at available themes I just see girly/flashy ugly themes and most of them are not free. Am I missing something?...

search :)

say

Dark Mint
Material Dark
Fantasy Dark

are the best I've found but I like dark themes :)

but there are gems around...

It's a difficult one. Setup time takes a while so it's in the box at home and I'm on my iPhone 6s Plus today.

The UI is simply not as clean and sleek as iOS.

I was glad to get shot of my IPhone 6s, just simple things like wanting to change the resolution in the camera app while taking pictures....you can't.

You have to exit and go in the main settings, if that's simple you can keep it, for me its limited.

D'oh, just called Samsung to find out why I hadn't had my S7 Edge sent out, and it turned out the order was on hold as they didn't have the clear case I chucked in the order! Nice to have been told......anywhoo, they have removed the case now so that the phone and VR can go out - means I might get tomorrow, Friday at the latest.

Nice to still have a shot at getting it 'early' :rolleyes:

Use this code in dialer *#34971539#, then press first button.

In Cam FW Ver string you will see 11 digits and letters.

The 5th letter tells you what sensor you have.
L = Samsung
S = Sony

Mine is S for Sony. I wonder if the peeople who said the camera is ace, have different to me.

mine is a sony too, thought they all were?

Use this code in dialer *#34971539#, then press first button.

In Cam FW Ver string you will see 11 digits and letters.

The 5th letter tells you what sensor you have.
L = Samsung
S = Sony

Mine is S for Sony. I wonder if the peeople who said the camera is ace, have different to me.

Mine is L.

Back
Top Bottom