**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Adding to the above Samsung Customer service isn't exactly great either. Think it's more to do with a combination of Samsung sending orders through Expansys (who don't have a great reputation) and Customer Services call centre being based in Bulgaria with inept staff.

After dealing with a lady called Nelly Valentinova at Samsung customer services I would have to agree with this! TouchWiz plus slow updates plus useless customer services is pretty off-putting tbh.

For those with the camera issue... just seen this on XDA

Hi all
the issue is caused by the SD storage
by default when u put the SD card the folder for pics saving changes to the SD
However - a handful of users have issues with the SD card being read by the system (me included)
this will cause this fatal corruption on the camera app
no need to factory reset - just simulate a battery removal (hold volume down+power for 20 secs) - that will fix it

also you need to remove and format the SD card

this is a bug that hopefully will be fixed in a future release

http://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/help/camera-failed-rma-t3333500

Mine has been picked up by courier in the last hour, so I will wait and see how the replacement is. If it has the same issue, I will probably just wait for a software fix. Did you guys also try this:

"no need to factory reset - just simulate a battery removal (hold volume down+power for 20 secs) - that will fix it"

If that works, probably a more convenient way as it wont reset any settings etc.

Cheers will also try that next time I get issues

Thinking about ordering the S7 edge now to pick up tomorrow, apart from the few camera issues I see how is the phone?

I am hoping Samsung pay will be available soon, I have the Gear S2 watch as well so interested if anyone is using that with the S7?

Edit: also what cases are you using, I like the look of the LED and Clear View cases so anyone using these?

I have the gear S2 and its been working fine with S7, actually prefer the Gear S2 to the Moto 360 (1st gen) I had feels better on my wrist and screen is great

M

I have the gear S2 and its been working fine with S7, actually prefer the Gear S2 to the Moto 360 (1st gen) I had feels better on my wrist and screen is great

M

Great thanks, using mine with a Note 4 atm but I am going to order a S7 edge now.

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow :)

Those are amazing pics, mrk, particularly the second one down.

You watched downloaded and watched the free short CG animation called 'Invasion' on the gear VR? You should, it's really good, even with low res! :D

had a chance to play in store for few minutes and these are fine phones.

no wonder G5 thread is like 5 pages, whereas this is 95.

too bad I got cheap S6 just few weeks back.

Flogged my VR for £75 :). Knocks a bit off the phone.

I would have loved to try the LG G5, one simple reason I stick with Samsung is I hate on screen buttons.

Use this code in dialer *#34971539#, then press first button.

In Cam FW Ver string you will see 11 digits and letters.

The 5th letter tells you what sensor you have.
L = Samsung
S = Sony

Mine is S for Sony. I wonder if the peeople who said the camera is ace, have different to me.

Mine is Sony also

Back
Top Bottom