**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Have had the "Warning Camera Failed" message as well, tried all the usual stuff then done a Factory reset and worked as normal until I restarted the phone and its back again.

Looks like i will need to give Samsung a call

I have the Samsung camera unit installed on my device.

Have had the "Warning Camera Failed" message as well, tried all the usual stuff then done a Factory reset and worked as normal until I restarted the phone and its back again.

Looks like i will need to give Samsung a call

I have the Samsung camera unit installed on my device.

Samsung unit here too. Give "Reset all Settings" under Backup and Reset a go, it worked for me.

EDIT: Damn, until I reset the phone, now fubar again.

Last edited:
Samsung unit here too. Give "Reset all Settings" under Backup and Reset a go, it worked for me.

EDIT: Damn, until I reset the phone, now fubar again.

Thanks just tried the "Reset all settings" worked :)

then tried 2 restarts and camera worked

done one full power off and on worked again

Will keep eye on it over weekend then if starts to play up again its going back

Cheers
M

Yes. Once you have selected move to SD card and you get the export screen up you have to press the black bar at the bottom of the screen above the back button.

WTF you're right... completely didn't see that, thanks!. Is it only because of my dark colour scheme or is it a black bar on all schemes? :)

When opening the camera app, it hangs and pops up "warning - camera failed" on the screen. Tried all advice I could find, including factory resets. Each reset, it would work again until a reboot, then same failed message. Couldn't see anyone else with the same fault on here or XDA, so just unlucky I guess.

Had the same thing happen to me when I installed an sd card, remove the card if fitted and see if it still happens if so replace the sd card :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I should RMA or wait to see if there's a software fix, given that it's been reported happening to replacement devices too.

Mine has been picked up by courier in the last hour, so I will wait and see how the replacement is. If it has the same issue, I will probably just wait for a software fix. Did you guys also try this:

"no need to factory reset - just simulate a battery removal (hold volume down+power for 20 secs) - that will fix it"

If that works, probably a more convenient way as it wont reset any settings etc.

Mine has been picked up by courier in the last hour, so I will wait and see how the replacement is. If it has the same issue, I will probably just wait for a software fix. Did you guys also try this:

"no need to factory reset - just simulate a battery removal (hold volume down+power for 20 secs) - that will fix it"

If that works, probably a more convenient way as it wont reset any settings etc.

Cool, I'll give that a try next time. My plan is just to not bother restarting or turning off for the near future!

Thinking about ordering the S7 edge now to pick up tomorrow, apart from the few camera issues I see how is the phone?

I am hoping Samsung pay will be available soon, I have the Gear S2 watch as well so interested if anyone is using that with the S7?

Edit: also what cases are you using, I like the look of the LED and Clear View cases so anyone using these?

Last edited:
I have bought a miracast dongle to make up for the lack of MHL on the S7e and have set it up. Its connects fine to the phone and mirrors the screen. I tried BBC Iplayer with it but I get lag, pauses and audio drops.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Do you need to connect to a wifi network for miracast mirror to work?

I Pre-ordered the S7 Edge, from Samsung UK, on the 7th and still havnt received it. First time i have pre-ordered anything. The status on the order is "This order is being processed", for the past 4 days.

John lewis did the same with the Galaxy S6 Edge, took 3 months for them to refund. By the time they got around to stocking a replacment, Samsung announced S7 Edge. John Lewis customer service is bad. They had £600 of mine for over 3 months and just kept lying and/or hanging up.
It seems i am destined to use this Galaxy S4 for life.
This is not entertaining me.

Adding to the above Samsung Customer service isn't exactly great either. Think it's more to do with a combination of Samsung sending orders through Expansys (who don't have a great reputation) and Customer Services call centre being based in Bulgaria with inept staff.

I cancelled my S7 Edge order having changed my mind about the device and was told that I will be refunded within 3-5 working days. This has not happened, thankfully I had paid via PayPal credit and I'm covered. I spoke to PayPal who stated Samsung had 'issues' with refunding customers and there have been a significant amount of customers complaining to PayPal and they are dealing directly with Samsung to get customers their refunds. It doesn't exactly inspire a great deal of confidence in Samsung. Should I ever be interested in a Samsung device I think I'll buy from a Samsung store instead to avoid such a fiasco. If I didn't have the backing of PayPal I would be very annoyed right now.

Adding to the above Samsung Customer service isn't exactly great either. Think it's more to do with a combination of Samsung sending orders through Expansys (who don't have a great reputation) and Customer Services call centre being based in Bulgaria with inept staff.

I cancelled my S7 Edge order having changed my mind about the device and was told that I will be refunded within 3-5 working days. This has not happened, thankfully I had paid via PayPal credit and I'm covered. I spoke to PayPal who stated Samsung had 'issues' with refunding customers and there have been a significant amount of customers complaining to PayPal and they are dealing directly with Samsung to get customers their refunds. It doesn't exactly inspire a great deal of confidence in Samsung. Should I ever be interested in a Samsung device I think I'll buy from a Samsung store instead to avoid such a fiasco. If I didn't have the backing of PayPal I would be very annoyed right now.

Amazon is much better and will refund within a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom