**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

What are Argos like for returns/faults etc? With no stock at Amazon the Argos near me has one. They any good for something like an S7?

John Lewis has stock, I ordered at 6pm last night and collected at 2pm today, if you have a John Lewis or waitrose store nearby you can order now and collect tomorrow. They are £639 but you get a 2 year warranty.

John Lewis has stock, I ordered at 6pm last night and collected at 2pm today, if you have a John Lewis or waitrose store nearby you can order now and collect tomorrow. They are £639 but you get a 2 year warranty.

Tried to order a S6 Edge from JL. This happened.

"They cost me £80. £50 on S6 edge cases I no longer need. £30 on fuel to drive 80 miles round trip. Hours on the phone and the frustration they caused is priceless. 3+ months of waiting for a refund/replacement phone, during in which, Samsung rumoured to be releasing a new phone and then announced it. This all happened in the time it took to solve this issue with John Lewis. October 2015 I ordered, refunded in Feb 2016. It took John Lewis that long to replace the faulty phone a new model came out."

Tried to order a S6 Edge from JL. This happened.

"They cost me £80. £50 on S6 edge cases I no longer need. £30 on fuel to drive 80 miles round trip. Hours on the phone and the frustration they caused is priceless. 3+ months of waiting for a refund/replacement phone, during in which, Samsung rumoured to be releasing a new phone and then announced it. This all happened in the time it took to solve this issue with John Lewis. October 2015 I ordered, refunded in Feb 2016. It took John Lewis that long to replace the faulty phone a new model came out."

This is not a pre-order though and my experience from John Lewis customer service is excellent. Guess it's the luck of the draw as with most. Just this case they have them and I ordered and collected as promised without issue.

I like the edge but not the price. I've been hammering the mm hoping for a sim free handset if I'm honest.

I'd consider an edge for the right price but who knows.

Im holding off until the prices drop which should be at the end of April?
Ive picked up a cheap Nexus to use in the mean time :D

Any idea why when I change my default ringtone to something in Music or Media Storage it changes itself to Echo which I think is the default out of the box, also Vibrate while ringing switches back on too.

Ringtones that I've allocated to certain contacts don't change back to the default.

It said it was instock when I order it

so am hoping the writing below doesn't mean it not in stock..
"Your delivery preference:
Dispatch item(s) as soon as they become available. "

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom