**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Haven't bought a phone since my PAYG 4S back in '12. Definitely keen on getting this given the excellent reviews (especially relating to the long battery life, which is why I held off on a 6S) and was planning on a contract.

Anyone seen any good deals so far or is it worth waiting a month or so for a potential price drop?

Definitely keen on getting this given the excellent reviews (especially relating to the long battery life, which is why I held off on a 6S)
Am wondering if i get 4 days out of a single charge as some days i don't use my mobile phone much...:eek:
Right now my old S4 am using is showing 73% battery left and 24hours since last charge

Last edited:
How do I make my Edge look like my nexus 6? I've installed Google now launcher but my apps aren't appearing in my app drawer.
I actually like Touchwiz and would be OK with it if I could do the swipe right to get my google now page like stock android. Is there anyway to do this?

I've spent the last few days setting up Nova Launcher and I have to admit that it's fantastic.

Who else is using Nova and does it use more battery?

The gestures, layout options etc are stunning and really enhances the device even more.

What are the benefits of nova vs TW?

I've spent the last few days setting up Nova Launcher and I have to admit that it's fantastic.

Who else is using Nova and does it use more battery?

The gestures, layout options etc are stunning and really enhances the device even more.

What are the benefits of nova vs TW?

I've got nova launcher and it's good but I just love the Google now info page. If I could work out how to get this on TW or nova I would be happy.

It looks like Google now launcher isn't compatible with Knox.

Any idea how I can uninstall Knox?

I've got nova launcher and it's good but I just love the Google now info page. If I could work out how to get this on TW or nova I would be happy.

You can set a gesture in Nova to swipe up to open google now, you get used to it eventually

In Nova I've got Long Press Home Button set to open Google Now info page. Works fine for me.

Not sure what you mean.

Even if you could, would you want to void your guarantee?

Is anyone buying a screen protector or relying on the Gorilla Glass 4?

It's didn't put anything on my note 4 and after 2 years of my abuse it's fine. Probably looking on eBay worth 20 less than a mint condition one. I just don't see the point.

Didn't bother with my last phone and it was fine after 3 years, however after 2 days of extremely careful use I did manage to find the tiniest of scratches on the screen of my S7. I can't think of anything I could have done to cause it, I'm actually wondering if it was there when I got it and I missed it at the time. It did make me wonder if I needed a screen protector, but I really don't like them.

Hi, so i been using the phone for a few days, very pleased with the battery, it lasts well into the evening with heavy use and that's with mostly 4gb on, screen time of around 6hrs , im also using touchwizz with a theme and so far aint come across any lag , just wanna test it how long before i see it, i do usually use nova, i disabled the edge features i just dont have any use for them , the fingerprint is much faster then it was on the s6 edge

Hi, so i been using the phone for a few days, very pleased with the battery, it lasts well into the evening with heavy use and that's with mostly 4gb on, screen time of around 6hrs , im also using touchwizz with a theme and so far aint come across any lag , just wanna test it how long before i see it, i do usually use nova, i disabled the edge features i just dont have any use for them , the fingerprint is much faster then it was on the s6 edge

I am also very chuffed with my S7 battery, it really does do a good job. Nova launcher is so much nicer to use that TW launcher though.

So using Nova and a theme will not impact battery at all? Coming from an iPhone, nova is impressive. Does it end to cause any type of issues the longer it's on?

Chris, you have been told the answers, and are now both repeating yourself and asking trivial questions. It is a launcher, it works fine, check the reviews and do some research.

Also, cN anyone recommend an email client that supports push with Gmail? Don't like the layout of Gmail or Inbox for Gmail. Currently using stock

Gmail is the best client for Gmail. Otherwise, go on the Play store and try some of the high-rated clients.

Back
Top Bottom