**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
Have you been using it? It's fine when not in use, just the first minutes of use it drains quickly.

i've used it a little today. but not a lot. mainly this morning for the torch. i find the battery drops quite quickly though while using it with the screen on. must be the strain of the 2k screen :p

Soldato
Well I have already noticed some things with the update, I seem to have slightly more RAM available now, also I have full network signal where as before I only had 1 bar in the same location.

But my battery has dropped a couple of percent very quickly, will keep an eye on it...

Associate
Got the S7 flat and enjoying the device but have noticed the fingerprint reader has roughly a 50% failure rate. I've added both thumbs twice, I'll try adding the same finger four times to see if it improves.

Soldato
Low light just is pretty damn good on this no? The above pic was taken with only a candle burning 6 feet away. At 1/4s (iso1250) the auto mode has captured slightly more detail than what was visible with my eye. I used touch focus to focus on the text. The Nexus 6P is great, but it would not have been able to lock focus quickly (if at all) in this kind of situation.

Sure there's some grain, but given the conditions that is otherwise a usable image!

yup I'm well impressed with low light :) tbh I think MBKHD messed up his review with the low light comparison! :o

Soldato
It's a stunning phone but I have decided to get a Nexus 6P. I should have looked at the phones in a shop before making my decision. I just fancy the bigger screen really

Associate
Low light just is pretty damn good on this no? The above pic was taken with only a candle burning 6 feet away. At 1/4s (iso1250) the auto mode has captured slightly more detail than what was visible with my eye.

Doesnt the S7 have a Pro mode now like the Note 5? That's were the camera will really shine.
I think the Samsung sensor might be better in low light, it was on the S6.

Soldato
My black S7 Edge arrives from Very.co.uk today. Just ordered a Spigen thin fit case for it.

I wish I had jumped on that 128GB MicroSD card at Amazon for £29.99 4 days ago :(

EDIT: This looks like a reasonable alternative.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got the S7 flat and enjoying the device but have noticed the fingerprint reader has roughly a 50% failure rate. I've added both thumbs twice, I'll try adding the same finger four times to see if it improves.

Also not great here. It works better with my right thumb than my left one. The 6P's scanner is definitely better, but that might be something to do with the increased size.

Back
Top Bottom