**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
Not another one :( . I thought I was doing good in promoting them as I had no issues and was happy with their service.

As for your question - the phone was collected by courier (can't remember who) and returned by Royal Mail.

Start to finish I think it was 5 or 6 days turn around and they were in contact the whole time.

I was happy and saved a few hundred pound by using them.

Associate
Not another one :( . I thought I was doing good in promoting them as I had no issues and was happy with their service.

As for your question - the phone was collected by courier (can't remember who) and returned by Royal Mail.

Start to finish I think it was 5 or 6 days turn around and they were in contact the whole time.

I was happy and saved a few hundred pound by using them.

thanks for your reply now I have an idea where it's coming from, also it wasn't your fault I was recommended by a friend of mine on Facebook so I'm pretty sure chris the technician who is repairing the phones is going through personal problems.

Soldato
thanks for your reply now I have an idea where it's coming from, also it wasn't your fault I was recommended by a friend of mine on Facebook so I'm pretty sure chris the technician who is repairing the phones is going through personal problems.

If he is I hope he sorts them out. He seemed like a very nice guy when I was talking to him.

Soldato
Dropped my phone and the screens cracked. Waiting to see what the Pixel 3 is like then decide between that and the S9+. Anyone else in the same position between the two phones?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dropped my phone and the screens cracked. Waiting to see what the Pixel 3 is like then decide between that and the S9+. Anyone else in the same position between the two phones?

I'll be waiting, I cracked my camera when mtb so the camera got cracked.

It's so expensive to fix, it's not worth bothering over. So I'll see whats available come December.

Associate
Good to see so many active S7 Edge users here still. I have had mine since mid 2016 and still have no real desire to upgrade. Getting a tad laggy now though and think the time to upgrade will certainly come along soonish. It will be a Pixel 3 for me if it looks any good. If not, I will be happy to wait for the S10 as opposed to grabbing an S9. S10 will be a mad man I would have imagined.

Soldato
I've been using an Anker branded 6ft braided cable for the last 18 months and it does a good job with absolutely no signs of damage. Still works well to this day, and does support fast charge :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DEMTOQ6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only just got around to buying this. Received today from Amazon one day delivery. Wow, the quality is second to none, very premium, even the black connectors feel better than the Samsung original. Looks and feels great, really nice and solid. Fast charging perfectly :)

Soldato
Good to see so many active S7 Edge users here still. I have had mine since mid 2016 and still have no real desire to upgrade. Getting a tad laggy now though and think the time to upgrade will certainly come along soonish.
I would say the s7 edge is perfect size phone for being able to throw in my pockets and a lovely size for using in your hand and holding up to your ear

My note 8 & note 9 are just that little to tall to fit comfortable in many of my pockets and they feel huge when holding next to my ear when making/receiving phone calls.

Soldato
I only just got around to buying this. Received today from Amazon one day delivery. Wow, the quality is second to none, very premium, even the black connectors feel better than the Samsung original. Looks and feels great, really nice and solid. Fast charging perfectly :)

They're fantastic quality cables - I recently upgraded to an S8 and bought a set of USB Type C cables from Anker. The original Micro USB ones are about 2 years old and been in use every single day and still look brand new - amazing quality cables for sure!

Associate
Well, after going through tons of reading when thinking about changing my phone, (Nokia 7 Plus was the front runner) or what to do with the S7 Edge, I've decided to take a gamble and bought a replacement screen off AliExpress this morning. So its the front screen + frame I've ordered for ~£120 goodness knows when it'll arrive, but we will see what arrives.

Would there be any interest in seeing pictures / video of me trying to fix the thing put up on here ?

Soldato
Well, after going through tons of reading when thinking about changing my phone, (Nokia 7 Plus was the front runner) or what to do with the S7 Edge, I've decided to take a gamble and bought a replacement screen off AliExpress this morning. So its the front screen + frame I've ordered for ~£120 goodness knows when it'll arrive, but we will see what arrives.

Would there be any interest in seeing pictures / video of me trying to fix the thing put up on here ?

I wish you luck with that.

Saw a video online about the S7 Edge screen replacement and it looks like a bit of a chore!

My S7 Edge has developed a 1cm line of dead pixels along the right hand side where the screen begins to curve. Luckily I have another 12 months warranty left (came to the S7 Edge party very late!), so will be done under warranty. Just need to drop my phone off next week and somehow cope without a mobile device for a few days :eek:

Associate
somehow cope without a mobile device for a few days :eek:

And I wish you luck with that!

I went with the display and frame unit combined, so that should limit me to opening up the unit and not having to fight with getting the old display out. I should only really need to get the back off without incident …. famous last words!

Soldato
Very impressed with Samsung warranty service.

Took it to my local Samsung store and they replaced the screen in 30 minutes! Clearly they had the spare screen in stock and no other jobs to do but still, excellent service.

Caporegime
When I had my screen done (top corner died) it took a day, but they did replace the silver plastic bumper around the chassis, the speaker grille, back cover and battery as well. Basically put it back to new.

Associate
Well, sorry, no photos, got straight up off a night shift and found the delivery at the door and got stuck straight into replacing the screen.

In short.... worked a charm !

I followed this video ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1CrtlhRcc

and I had bought the part of AliExpress. It was a display + frame I got. I'll not link direct to it cause of the rules.

The hardest part was getting the rear glass off the frame. ( second hardest was the battery removal ) Other than that, a case of 13 cross head screws, swapping parts and it was done. I cant see that there is any notable difference in the display quality of the image when its on. It still has that vibrancy and saturation of the original. Perhaps the only difference is the feel of the screen, but that seems to be going away. It was almost like it had a slightly rougher texture, or not as smooth a coating on it. But after a little bit of use, its becoming glossy smooth again.

The battery was a bit tricky to remove and its easy for it to begin to mishapen. It comes out far easier in that video than it did in mine. I had to press mine flat again as it had ever so slightly bend on being taken out. I think in hindsight, I should have got a new battery to put in as well given that mine is a bit old ... an oversight on my part I guess ... but if anyone is thinking of doing the same, then fit a new battery for the sake of the little cost.

Anyhows, thought I would feed back.

Soldato
Anyone has any experience with Carphone Warehouse battery replacement service? Bar awful battery life still happy with the phone and they only charge £39.99 for S7 Edge and I think I'd rather hold out until S10/Note 10 for upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom