**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Anyone getting itchy fingers to upgrade their S7E?

Had mine since launch nearly 2 and half years ago and it's done a great job. But battery life has definitely degraded since then. And freezing/lagging when doing a number of stuff at the same time is getting more frequent.

Also I can't use earphones with it anymore as it won't stay in the port. Similar thing is starting with the charging port too cable keeps falling out which gets annoying.

Not bothered about selling it as I like to have a spare smartphone for emergencies or when abroad and using a local sim.

All the current phones out don't make me want to splash another £500 on a phone so not really sure what to wait for.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I'm thinking an upgrade is needed, I've noticed lag and freezing occasionally recently when multitasking too.

I'll probably keep the S7E as a backup, or hand it onto my mum to use instead of her Moto G4.

The only phone that's piqued my interest is the Pixel 3 XL though.

Soldato

Had mine since launch nearly 2 and half years ago and it's done a great job. But battery life has definitely degraded since then. And freezing/lagging when doing a number of stuff at the same time is getting more frequent.

Also I can't use earphones with it anymore as it won't stay in the port. Similar thing is starting with the charging port too cable keeps falling out which gets annoying.

Not bothered about selling it as I like to have a spare smartphone for emergencies or when abroad and using a local sim.

All the current phones out don't make me want to splash another £500 on a phone so not really sure what to wait for.

I've thought about it a few times, but its only really the battery that's an issue for me. Holding fire for now as nothing seems like much of an upgrade.

Caporegime
OP
Have some strange battery use issues which then disappear as soon as they appear. On a Monday I work 9-9 and with only using it on my break it was down to 49% by 12. Plugged it into the PC via USB and charged it to 99% by about 2pm and then used it on my lunch and on a couple of 15 min breaks and it then only went down by around 20%. Very strange! Still see no real need to change at the moment and Sky Mobile reduced my monthly price to Data only (Free calls and texts as a Sky TV customer) which was nice.

Soldato
Whats every-bodies current security date ? , Wife's unlocked is still on April

Just got an update to ERG2/ERG3 July security patch

Was also "stuck" on April, but when I check now I got the same update as @pinkpound

I'll do Note 9 after Xmas... or maybe S9+ (sales have supposedly been poor so I imagine there will be some aggressive price cuts as they try to move inventory).

Battery life on my S7E is definitely not so great (bought Dec '17), and there is a decent amount of lag/stutter. Typical Android...

Soldato
Update seems to have enabled WiFi calling on my factory unlocked S7 edge on Three. Don't even have the option in the settings to enable it or disable it. Not complaining though.

Associate
is http://applendroidz.com/ still up and running?
I sent my phone to them 8 weeks ago and they seem to have stopped replying to my emails.
I don't know if they have gone bust or they have just trashed my phone.
I'm hoping to get this resolved but what recourse do you have if you send your phone to a company then they just stop responding ?

Associate
no just on [email protected]
53 emails have gone backwards and forwards and now I'm being blanked. It was a S7 Edge with a broken screen. I paid about £50 and a courier was sent to pick it up.
I'm not sure what to do about it really. They could just on holiday but surely they would use an OOO. I've called 07410 153688 many times but nobody ever picks up.
I'm wondering if other people have not had their phones returned, and also what can be done in a position like this as I'm obviously well out of pocket.
G

Soldato
I used them and had loads of communication. I was so impressed I recommended them here.

All I can say is try them via the facebook page and hopefully they will get in touch.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Getting rid, will be 2 years in september but its on its last legs. Once in a fortnight it will turn of and reboot again and again until the battery dies. Only cure is to recharge, unplug let it cool down and then power on. It can happen anytime, so its got to go.

Thinking of Xperia XZ1 compact or G6 play, will go CPW tomorow and pick something up. I don't think you need to spend £500 anymore to get a decent phone. Especially as the top ends seem to last a couple of years then die.

Soldato
no just on [email protected]
53 emails have gone backwards and forwards and now I'm being blanked. It was a S7 Edge with a broken screen. I paid about £50 and a courier was sent to pick it up.
I'm not sure what to do about it really. They could just on holiday but surely they would use an OOO. I've called 07410 153688 many times but nobody ever picks up.
I'm wondering if other people have not had their phones returned, and also what can be done in a position like this as I'm obviously well out of pocket.
G

Their website is offline and they haven't posted on Facebook in nearly 2 months so I suggest they have gone down the pan.
Can't even find that they are registered on Companies House which looks immediately ropey to me.

Soldato
pants, I wish I hadn't listed to cyclones recommendation on here! I'll post back if I get any updates.

:(

Sorry, but at the time I was quoted between £250-£300 to fix the problem I had. They quoted me £45 with a courier collection and they did it for that. I couldn't but praise them.

*edit* On the applendroidz facebook reviews page, the technician (Christopher Clarke) is still active. You could send him a message directly rather than the facebook page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom