**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Such a shame to hear about people having these red tint issues. If you buy from a shop I suggest trying the phone in the shop, or getting them to check the phone before selling it you.

I purchased mine from very, I'm just one of the lucky ones with no problems I guess.

Man of Honour
The front glass on this has a hydrophobic coating I've not seen on a phone before. It's the same kind of beading I see from car wax. Water literally bounces off. The S7 had a small film of it, but this repels water even more. The back panel appears to have no such coating.

Pretty neat.

Soldato
You bought that exact one from "total digital stores" on Amazon?

I just purchased, arriving Monday... But spotted some people on the reviews saying they're loose on the corners and they weren't convinced they were genuine Samsung products?

I bought front he same link but it was fonem8store. Seemed fine but I prefer the grippier texture of the spigen ultra thin case

The front glass on this has a hydrophobic coating I've not seen on a phone before. It's the same kind of beading I see from car wax. Water literally bounces off. The S7 had a small film of it, but this repels water even more. The back panel appears to have no such coating.

Pretty neat.

The screen is actually usable in drizzle too unlike any other capacitive touchscreen I've ever used

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

Pretty neat.

Yes, I noticed this too after I tried to polish out a scratch on the screen. Some of the coating has come off where I polished.

So don't polish your screen!

Soldato
Sorry to hear you are having issues with yours :(

This is the reason why I put up with a tiny scuff on the metal trim on mine. I was worried I'd get one with a ropey red tint on the screen.

If I couldn't have an s8, then the LG G6 would be next on my list I think.

I was willing to put up with the red tint on the right side but the dodgy charging now and the fact samsung won't replace it means its ready for return.
Will pop into a local phone shop to see if they have any stock - It really is a nice phone once you can get a fully working one!

LG - *shudders* :)

Soldato
I bought front he same link but it was fonem8store. Seemed fine but I prefer the grippier texture of the spigen ultra thin case
Thanks! Changed my order to spigen thin fit in black. Cheaper too and others are also concerned on how slippery the Samsung one is

Thanks! Changed my order to spigen thin fit in black. Cheaper too and others are also concerned on how slippery the Samsung one is
I'm too indecisive so ended up ordering both :D haha will decide which one to keep when they arrive

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
You bought that exact one from "total digital stores" on Amazon?

I just purchased, arriving Monday... But spotted some people on the reviews saying they're loose on the corners and they weren't convinced they were genuine Samsung products?

Mine arrived today, purchased from the same seller and its genuine.

Soldato
I was willing to put up with the red tint on the right side but the dodgy charging now and the fact samsung won't replace it means its ready for return.
Will pop into a local phone shop to see if they have any stock - It really is a nice phone once you can get a fully working one!

LG - *shudders* :)

I have to say I have never owned an LG phone but I do like the look of the G6.

Associate
Anyone ordered their case directly from noreve?. Ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and still not arrived. They say there experiencing high demand and there behind on creating them.

Nooooooo

Soldato
All amoled screens have discoloration if you're looking at an angle, either it's just that people are complaining about or they have blue light filter on which is what will make screen look like exactly as per the screenshot.

I could me wrong but I think a lot are just making excuses up or are simply extremely unlucky. I've seen around 15 S8s in shops and from friends, had 2 myself and haven't seen any problems.

Really strange..

Soldato
It's ok, it's just as slippery as before and gets greasy just as quick. Fit is good but there is a bit of creaking from the corners.
Ha :D Thanks! Will check mine out on Tuesday when it arrives

Anyone ordered their case directly from noreve?. Ordered mine like 3 weeks ago and still not arrived. They say there experiencing high demand and there behind on creating them.

Nooooooo
I did. On April 19th.

Spoke to them today and they said:

The case you ordered is custom made within 15 working days minimum.

Saw something on their site about a refund if products aren't delivered within 30 days...but I imagine that goes out of the window when it's custom made maybe? But then again - aren't all of their cases custom made?

Man of Honour
The dbrand leather skin arrived yesterday, was hoping the dragon one would come today, but it didn't, so got impatient and installed the former.

dbrand_leathe_3.jpg

dbrand_leathe_1.jpg

Soldato
The dbrand leather skin arrived yesterday, was hoping the dragon one would come today, but it didn't, so got impatient and installed the former.

Nice! Looks very premium

I assume it's as smooth around the edges as it appears in pics? No "lip" / lifting feeling at the edges?

Does it make it any grippier?

Back
Top Bottom