**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

I hate Google at times. I'm blaming my S8 for crashing android auto and not reconnect to head unit. On top of the issue with voice commands not working it now turns out that Google maps is crashing android auto and causing the reconnect issue. There was me about to wipe my S8 thinking it's an issue with my phone and all along its those idiots :mad:

Waze is slowly getting there and works with android auto but is beta and far from finished. You have to be a beta tester for Waze AA though.

Bixby - anyone use it or find it useful?

Everytime i open my wallet case i catch teh button and Bixby appears - anyway i can disable it?

I tried it but wasn't impressed - yet! It'll probably get better.

You can disable it using such as Package Disabler Pro from the play store. Alternatively there are apps that allow you to assign an alternative function to the button but not if you disable Bixby (I think)

Guys

Using Samsung browser, I have imgur but how can I post a photo directly to this forum via my phone? I just get an odd symbol when I try to put the link here? Or am I missing something

Cheers

which firmware is best for fast updates?
I'll be getting Vodafone S7 soon (but really this should be no different to S8 etc.)
and I'm thinking BTU or maybe XEU....thoughts?

which firmware is best for fast updates?
I'll be getting Vodafone S7 soon (but really this should be no different to S8 etc.)
and I'm thinking BTU or maybe XEU....thoughts?

Both will be fine. There's no best one between them. Somrtimes btu gets the update first then xeu and vice versa. Both do get it before others though.

Based on owning a S7 EDGE with XEU which got every update faster than BTU ,and my S8 which on BTU was behind XEU on every update ,ill stick with XEU

Not true. I found upon the s7 release I was able to get updates quicker on the xeu device.

However after near enough 12 months the btu started releasing them quicker.

The xeu and btu devices tend to skip a month so they ended up alternating who had the latest update.

Xeu also ending up skipping a months worth of updates

My LG G4 EE contract is up for renewal, I'm looking for a new phone, and the S8 is probably top of the list.

I currently pay £33 a month for 5gb of data, unlimited minutes, and unlimited texts, I was really looking to pay less for my next contract, but the S8 on 3 is free with 30gb of data, unlimited minutes, unlimited texts for £37 a month, is there a better deal out there with at least 5gb of data?

I really need to be on EE or 3, as the other networks are very patchy for 4g where I live and work. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom