**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

My beloved Nexus6 battery just can't hold a charge for long, so am looking for a new phone now. I've noticed that you can purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus for as little as £520 online now, but still not sure whether I like the Samsung enough? The LG V30 and even G6 also look tempting.

Went to the S8 from the Nexus 6 as it stop charging, lovely upgrade and no regrets so far

Just ordered a Galaxy S8 Plus brand new, unlocked for £540 including delivery, just hope I like the phone once it arrives and will make sure I get a case for it asap.

I'm not sure if you're allowed to mention a specific site on here, but I mistakenly ordered from a company operating out of Hong Kong, it wasn't all that clear going by the website, but I believe they are dual SIM and I'm led to believe they don't have Google play installed as they aren't found on Chinese phones so just waiting to see when it arrives what it will be like?

I have 5 Olixar S8+ cases I'll probably be giving away. Never used, still in their packaging. Will post pics up at some point this week if I get a moment to grab them.

First come first serve.

Does anyone think with the upcoming iPhone X Samsung will drop the price of the s8+, or bundle in a better deal (even better than the free vr)

Can't remember what they did last year, but if they will.....will they after the keynote or the date the iphone goes on sale?

Thanks

Wonder if the costs will drop now the iPhone has been launched I got a S8 plus for £540 but it's from China so could take two weeks to arrive and I suspect it won't have Google play so I would just get best deal you can from UK

Transferred 22GB of files to the phone via my mobo's USB-C 3.1 port. Windows was showing nearly 2 hours at the start but the whole process actually took around 10 minutes. This was to internal storage of course and not the SD card.

Quite impressed by that. Sadly because it's MTP, you don't get an actual speed being displayed, and Windows Time being Windows Time, you can only gauge a rough idea by how fast the progress bar itself is moving.

Relevant:

estimation.png

I'm i the only one who uses my S8 without any screen protector?

I've had mine since release. Not a single scratch.

bought a wet application screen protector which wasn't too bad, but it only lasted a week before i ripped it off... can't beat the feel of a naked screen :)

do have a dbrand on the back though for some extra grip

Back
Top Bottom